Re: Incentives to maintain rural property ; Georgist rack rent

  • roy_langston1
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, David Reed
      <dbcreed@...> wrote:

      > In the Banning/Beverly Hills example,under
      > Georgist LVT, the milliner( !) would make
      > nothing in Banning and nothing in Beverly Hills.

      That claim is false. Rent is the most anyone is
      WILLING TO PAY for use of the site. Neither rent
      nor the "Georgist LVT" can POSSIBLY be so much
      that no one can make any money by using the site,
      as obviously no one will be willing to pay so
      much rent that they end up working for nothing.

      > Taking 100% of the location advantage is rack
      > rent under whatever system,since productive
      > people would make nothing.

      Again, I implore David to read this as many times
      as it takes for him to understand it:

      http://www.henrygeorge.org/rent1.htm