15042Re: Tory Reform Group is pushing LVT

    Feb 7, 2013
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wetzel wrote:

      > John says: "Nick Boles was the first Tory
      > that I know of to be pro LVT"
      >
      > nb David Curry was Conservative MP (1987-2010)
      > when he wrote this for the
      > UK's Local Government Chronicle:
      >
      > *DAVID CURRY - TURNING FIELDS INTO TAXES*

      > *Here we go again! Some ideas keep turning
      > up like winter sore throats.
      > This one has been round the course four time...*

      So there is glimmer of hope in that Party then. The Philip Blond ResRepublica organisation as far as I known is not a Tory Party outfit, although Blonds claims to a "Red Tory", whatever that is. Or is that so? They lean towards reclaiming economic rents.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic