15019Re: [LandCafe] Fred Harrison does not say "Land Value Tax"

  • David Brooks
    Feb 3, 2013
      Hear! Hear!

      David Brooks
      Freedom, the only end
      On 04-Feb-13 5:20 AM, Harry Pollard wrote:

      John,

      Back in the 50's I had made a distinction between Georgists and land-value taxers. This point I publicized and my courses concentrate on the Georgist attempt to proceed toward a society of 'Liberty and Justice for All" rather than pushing a better tax proposal. The latter seems to me to be rather a bloodless policy which places us in the same category as the other tax reformers but with perhaps a more difficult reform for people to understand (than,for example, the flat tax).

      On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM, John <burns-john@...> wrote:

      Fred Harrison speaking. He said he wasted 40 years of his life promoting LVT. He said Land Value Tax is a forbidden word to him. He approaches the matter from a different angle.

      https://soundcloud.com/martin-adams/fred-harrison-at-occupy-london/s-XDlVM

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic