15016Re: [LandCafe] Re: Fred Harrison does not say "Land Value Tax"

    Feb 3, 2013
      Well said, Ed!

      On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Ed <ejdodson@...> wrote:

      Roy Langston wrote:

      Fred often strikes me as being a bit impatient: "We have to do this
      now." Just because he hasn't succeeded _yet_ doesn't mean he was
      wasting his time. He was raising consciousness. As Edison said, "I
      haven't failed. I now know 9,000 things that won't work." We also
      know some things that won't work, like the Georgist Single Tax.

      This is a struggle that began more than 5,000 years ago. Even if we
      don't win it in our lifetimes, it doesn't mean we won't win.

      Ed Dodson here:
      The great urgency and concern expressed by Fred I share. Our footprint
      on the planet is heavy. Our numbers are increasing at a rate far
      greater than our progress in social organization toward just
      societies. The evidence indicates (at least to Fred and some of us)
      that we are running out of time to accomplish change peacefully and
      before billions of people are swallowed up by the conflicts now on the
      horizon.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic