14655Re: Software companies etc would pay little tax with lvt

    Dec 6, 2012

      > If you truly reverse engineer a product you are not violating any patent laws.

      You are if you produce and sell it, and in some jurisdictions, like Europe, even reverse engineering per se is considered an infringement.

      > I'd rather not get into with you. We have a legal framework within which
      > society creates laws, so sometimes it makes sense to understand the system.

      Unfortunately, it is human nature to acquire a measure of sympathy with anything we devote a lot of effort to understanding.

      > Not all patent lawyers are crooks and liars, nor greedy as you propose.

      Well, maybe not _all_....