14643Re: The Revival of Retsforbundet

    Dec 6, 2012

      > John,
      >
      > When a country is doing badly, its money loses value as others are not so
      > keen to deal with it. This is one of the market reactions that are so
      > useful to international trade.
      >
      > The Euro doesn't allow a separate country in Europe to enjoy (or suffer)
      > this reaction. So, Greece's money keeps value even as the economy is going
      > into the drink. That's a major problem with the Euro.
      >
      > I've just realised. I don't know who in Europe produces and distributes the
      > Euro.

      Harry, the same can be said for inside a country. The UK government is obsessed with maintaining London as a world-class city and world financial centre. Currency value and interest rates are geared to what is beneficial to London, which may mean it acts against the much poorer North East of England.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic