14528Re: [LandCafe] CAP

    Dec 1, 2012
      The point is, Scott, that the little fields of Britain cannot compete with the mass production of the US.

      On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Scott Bergeson <scottb@...> wrote:

      Quoting Harry Pollard on Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:06:15 -0800:

      ___Harry___
      if we import our bulk foods, farm land is given over to animals,
      which provide instant food while crops are being started (not
      to mention they improve fertility rather than use it up).
      -----

      Importing meat and animal feed needn't be a huge strategic
      concern, if you're willing, when besieged, to slaughter
      most of the animals (preserving the meat, of course) and
      switch to a primarily vegetarian diet.

      ___Harry___
      As you know, the combine harvesters in the US probably
      work all day in a field, then stop until next morning
      when they continue harvesting in the same field.
      -----

      Many of them have lights. Combines are a separate business
      from farming. They migrate, following the harvest.

    • Show all 43 messages in this topic