14457Re: [LandCafe] Re: Mansion Tax

    Nov 25, 2012
      When I took an interest in politics after WWII I joined the Liberal Party because I liked their emphasis on 'liberty and justice for all'. They were free traders and land value taxers.

      I realized much later I should have joined either the Labour or Conservative party - didn't matter which, my philosophy wouldn't have changed.

      But, I was young and the Liberals were pretty good people.

      On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM, John <burns-john@...> wrote:

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "derekrss" <derekrss@...> wrote:

      > He's now joined a few other people to
      > set up a party, The Young People's Party (UK),
      > to fight by-elections. Its manifesto is Georgist
      > as you can see on its website, http://www.yppuk.org/

      At&#65279; polling only 39 votes in the Corby by-election a few weeks ago, it is clear their angle in putting it across is wrong. OK, they have no money.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corby_by-election,_2012#Result

      Maybe it is best to lobby from within one of the main established parties to effect change.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic