14241Re: [LandCafe] Re: LVT to be debated in Parliament?

  • JDKromkowski
    Nov 10, 2012

      On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:57 AM, "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      I'm impressed that LVT seems to get occasional serious hearings in the UK. As I've said before, the U.S. is a wasteland.

      At the federal level, the problem is that no one remembers how to do an apportioned tax.

      The last lvt bill was in 1935, when there would have been at least some institutional memory of pre-16th amendment taxation.

      And it does no good that most liberals think of the property tax as regressive.

      Jdk
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic