12124Re: Why don't companies promote LVT

    Nov 1, 2011
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "roy_langston1" <roy_langston1@...> wrote:

      > --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John"
      > <burns-john@> wrote:
      >
      > > Are all companies, massive and small, so ignorant
      > > of LVT?
      >
      > Pretty much. And those who aren't mostly want to
      > go on taking advantage of landowner privilege.

      Roy, last night was talking to a Japanese lady who is a manager of a Japanese bank in London. Was was "ranting" about the ineptitude of the British economic chancellor (he has a history degree), etc, etc. She had a point as he is a knob. I mentioned Geoism, Henry George, LVT, etc, that would drag us out, and keep us of the mire. She had never heard of any. She is a big fan of LibDems Vince Cable (PHD in economics and in the government). She said she had been to a talk by Vince. I told her he is big LVT fan. My Romanian girl friend, who has an economics degree, has never heard of any of these either.

      Big mountain to climb.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic