12117Re: Why don't companies promote LVT

  • roy_langston1
    Nov 1 11:46 AM
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John"
      <burns-john@...> wrote:

      > Roy, "productive companies are exquisitely vulnerable
      > to economic ostracism". I don't quite get that.

      In most cases, there is a competing firm that the
      privileged can have their firms deal with instead.
      A rent seeking operation doesn't have to worry about

      > Less or zero Corporation tax would have companies
      > crying out for LVT for sure.

      I explained why it wouldn't. Companies are mostly
      run by privileged landowners who know very well
      that LVT would stop their gravy train.

      > They are not crying out. Many large companies do
      > have people who understand matter including LVT.

      Most of those who understand the current injustice
      want to go on taking advantage of it.

      -- Roy Langstom
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic