12110Re: Why don't companies promote LVT

    Nov 1, 2011
      Yes of course (and I'm terribly sorry for that imprecision), but in this context that correction makes no difference whatever.

      The point I was making is that these corporate moguls want to continue to pay no corporate taxes and low property taxes, not no corporate taxes and high property taxes (whatever portion of the total value of their majestic properites they may happen to be levied upon).

      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "jdk_maryland_atty" <jdkromkowski@...> wrote:

      > Right, except this post has the kind of imprecision that is a problem. LVT would NOT cause them to pay taxes on their "mansions"! Maybe on the land beneath and around the mansion but not on the mansion.
      >
      > Once you say it your incorrect way, you have to fight with the homeowner class who doesn't want their "castle" taxed.
      >
      > Say it correctly.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic