12094Re: Why don't companies promote LVT

  • roy_langston1
    Nov 1, 2011
      --- In LandCafe@yahoogroups.com, "John"
      <burns-john@...> wrote:

      > My economics degree Romanian girl friend said
      > "if LVT with no income and corporation tax is
      > such a good thing why don't companies push for
      > it". She added, "I don't see them doing so".

      Because company directors are mostly rich,
      privileged landowners, and the social circles
      they move in consist mainly of rich, privileged
      landowners. Productive companies are exquisitely
      vulnerable to economic ostracism, and their owners
      and officers are vulnerable to social ostracism.
      Even if their owners understand the benefits of
      LVT, they can't take the chance of offending the
      owners of the companies they do business with.
      Rent seekers, OTOH, don't have to worry about
      losing business to the competition.