Questions about Stones and Protecting a New Barn

  • mary
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hey, Yall,

      Thanks to Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired, I am going to start a rabbitry. This is thru the Vocational Rehab program. It was actually less expensive for them to help me set this up by purchasing the equipment I need than it would be to try to help me find a "regular" job. That being said, I wondered which stones I should place inside my bunny barn to protect the health of my stock and draw buyers of rabbits for meat purposes. I have some Iron Pyrite, which is a money draw, and will be placed inside the bunny barn, which is simply a small shed, which I'll move my rabbits into during bad weather and during the winter. What other stones do you think you would use if you were doing something like this yourself?

      How about symbols to be painted on the new barn, or other devices for protection of same? Things to plant around the rabbitry for protection? Thoughts, comments?
    • Crickjump@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
        Greetings Mary: The PA Dutch have a Hex sign called the Eight Pointed star that represents Abundance and Good will. You can download a copy of it off of the Interent. That would be one suggestion. I have others but it would be cool to hear what other folks suggest...

                    Crick

         Mother Earth Gemstones - Quality Specimens at great prices. A huge inventory to choose from.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 3, 2012
          Hi, Crick,

          I thought about those hex signs. I was considering planting rosemary and mint around the rabbitry area. A lot of gooseberries have decided to take up residence along one side of the area I've blocked off, and I discovered blackberries along the woodline that weren't there a couple years ago. I'm deciding what else I want to plant around the area, and which stones to place there to help me protect the health of my stock. :)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 10, 2012
            Greetings, Crick et al,

            I am considering a small staue to represent the godess Aine, andperhaps a smal rabbit statue stuffed with herbs to create and draw the right energies to protect the health and production of my herd. I have found only rabbit as her favorite animal, and that she is celebrated at Midsummer and on the weekend immediately following Lughnassadh. Wondering if she has a favored plant, stone, gem, crystal and color. It makes sense that her colors might be green and yellow and blue, but I might be wrong. Thoughts, comments?

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 10, 2012
              Hi, Crick,

              The hex symbols have done well for the Pa. Dutch for a long time, but I don't think I can manage to paint one properly. I'm thinking I will put up a little shrine of sorts to Aine. I have found her animal- rabbits- her feast days, Midsummer Eve and the weekend directly following Lughnassadh. I have not found any plant, color, or stone correspondences. Where else can I look?

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 10, 2012
                OK- 5TH try! What about a little shrine of sorts to Aine? Where do I find her colors and correspondences? I don't usually do a lot of really thought out workings, but this is REALLY important. Found less about her than Morrigan or Nimue or Brigid.
                --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "mary" <mtbargeman@...> wrote:

                > Hi, Crick,
                >
                > I thought about those hex signs. I was considering planting rosemary and mint around the rabbitry area. A lot of gooseberries have decided to take up residence along one side of the area I've blocked off, and I discovered blackberries along the woodline that weren't there a couple years ago. I'm deciding what else I want to plant around the area, and which stones to place there to help me protect the health of my stock. :)
                > --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Crickjump@ wrote:
                > >

                > > Greetings Mary: The PA Dutch have a Hex sign called the Eight Pointed star that represents Abundance and Good will. You can download a copy of it off of the Interent. That would be one suggestion. I have others but it would be cool to hear what other folks suggest...
                > >
                > > Crick
                > >

                > > Mother Earth Gemstones - Quality Specimens at great prices. A huge inventory to choose from.
                > >
                > > http://motherearthgemstones.com

              • Von Von
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 11, 2012
                  Mary

                  Although I am not a witch I will provide you with my perspective.  In my humble opinion, colors and correspondences have no real meaning other than to help us focus our Will and Intent. At some point in history, a person or group of people decided which correspondences would be associated with Aine and the other gods and goddesses that exist in other traditions. In other words, they are meaningless unless you use them as a tool to focus your Will to achieve whatever outcome(s) you desire. So, pick a color, stone, scent etc that is soothing to you and allows you to focus your Will ... visualize what it is that you want.  I hope this is helpful.

                  Yours In LVX

                  Frater VON

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 11, 2012
                    Well said...

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 11, 2012
                      Hi, Frater Von,

                      I agree with what you say. It was well-said. I suppose I am anxious to start this new chapter in my life, and I really want it to do well. I don't want to be rich, just self-sufficient and well-fed. ;)Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
                      ~M

                    • Crickjump@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 11, 2012
                        Greetings Mary: I will send you instructions off list on how to use a chickens foot for making a prosperity charm. This is information that I never share outside of our clan so please do not pass it on...

                      • mary
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 11, 2012
                          My lips, keyboard, pencils and crayons and everything else will never, ever tell. I am honored you would share this with me. Hugs to YOu, Brother.

                        • Von Von
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 12, 2012
                            Mary

                            I have seen different versions of this type of charm and they are very powerful and effective. You will be very successful. Blessings to you as you start this exciting new chapter in your life!

                            VON

                            My lips, keyboard, pencils and crayons and everything else will never, ever tell. I am honored you would share this with me. Hugs to YOu, Brother.

                            --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Crickjump@... wrote:

                            > Greetings Mary: I will send you instructions off list on how to use a chickens foot for making a prosperity charm. This is information that I never share outside of our clan so please do not pass it on...
                            >
                            > Crick
                            >

                            > Mother Earth Gemstones - Quality Specimens at great prices. A huge inventory to choose from.
                            >
                            > http://motherearthgemstones.com

                          • gywdion
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 12, 2012
                              Greetings Mary,

                              Here is some information for you on the Goddess Aine:

                              Goddess of love and fertility; also known as the Fairy Queen of Munster. She encouraged human love, but was of course opposed to rape and the forceful nature of love. Aine was also known as a goddess of fertility in that she had control and command over crops and animals. She was known to have made a magical vow to never sleep with a man of grey hair. She was able to hold this vow even after her sister strove to sabotoge her by way of her lover Fionnis.

                              Other Names: Aine Marina, Aine of Knockaine

                              Father: Eogalail

                              Husband: Gerald Earl of Desmond

                              Lover: King Aillel Olim, Fionnis

                              Children: Geroid Iarla

                              Siblings: Miluchrach

                              Festivals: Midsummer's Eve

                              Planets: Sun, Moon

                              Animals: Red Mare, Rabbit, Swan

                              Element: Air

                              Direction: Northwest

                              Colors: Red, Green and Yellow

                              Traditional correspondences have a morphic field that can be tapped into.

                              Yntra an Korn,

                              Gywdion 3*
                              Gardnerian

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 13, 2012
                                Thank you, Frater Von. I appreciate your good wishes. :)

                              • mary
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 13, 2012
                                  Gywdion~
                                  I appreciate the effort you made to get me this information. It was very kind. May I ask for the link or book title, for future reference? YOu found more info than I did about Aine- makes me want to read some more. :)

                                  --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "gywdion" <soisur@...> wrote:

                                  > Greetings Mary,
                                  >
                                  > Here is some information for you on the Goddess Aine:
                                  >
                                  > Goddess of love and fertility; also known as the Fairy Queen of Munster. She encouraged human love, but was of course opposed to rape and the forceful nature of love. Aine was also known as a goddess of fertility in that she had control and command over crops and animals. She was known to have made a magical vow to never sleep with a man of grey hair. She was able to hold this vow even after her sister strove to sabotoge her by way of her lover Fionnis.
                                  >
                                  > Other Names: Aine Marina, Aine of Knockaine
                                  >
                                  > Father: Eogalail
                                  >
                                  > Husband: Gerald Earl of Desmond
                                  >
                                  > Lover: King Aillel Olim, Fionnis
                                  >
                                  > Children: Geroid Iarla
                                  >
                                  > Siblings: Miluchrach
                                  >
                                  > Festivals: Midsummer's Eve
                                  >
                                  > Planets: Sun, Moon
                                  >
                                  > Animals: Red Mare, Rabbit, Swan
                                  >
                                  > Element: Air
                                  >
                                  > Direction: Northwest
                                  >
                                  > Colors: Red, Green and Yellow
                                  >
                                  > Traditional correspondences have a morphic field that can be tapped into.
                                  >

                                  > Yntra an Korn,
                                  >
                                  > Gywdion 3*
                                  > Gardnerian
                                  >
                                  > --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Von Von <von33@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Mary
                                  > >
                                  > > Although I am not a witch I will provide you with my perspective. In my humble
                                  > > opinion, colors and correspondences have no real meaning other than to help us
                                  > > focus our Will and Intent. At some point in history, a person or group of people
                                  > > decided which correspondences would be associated with Aine and the other gods
                                  > > and goddesses that exist in other traditions. In other words, they are
                                  > > meaningless unless you use them as a tool to focus your Will to achieve whatever
                                  > > outcome(s) you desire. So, pick a color, stone, scent etc that is soothing to
                                  > > you and allows you to focus your Will ... visualize what it is that you want. I
                                  > > hope this is helpful.
                                  > >
                                  > > Yours In LVX
                                  > >
                                  > > Frater VON

                                • Duncan Runebrand
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 13, 2012
                                    Greetings Mary,

                                    There are numerous mentions and legends of Aine on sacred-texts.com   You just have to search for her name. As with all Celtic figures, there are contradictions and confusion on her lineage and role.  The one I subscribe to states that she is one of the Daughters of Manannan.

                                    --
                                    Duncan Runebrand,