Invoking

  • Crick
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      Hey folks: When you invoke a spirit whether in a Sacred Circle, Nemeton or what have you, how do you discern the personality of such an entity?
      In other words, how do you determine that the invoked entity is something that you can work with? Do you believe in Demons? Would you work with such an entity?
      Do you believe that human aspects lend themselves to other world entities such as spirits and what have you?
      If not, how do you develop an understanding of such entities in a way that you can relate to?

      Crick...
    • ethne goath
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012

        When I was 14 my families switched home with my Grandmother, my Father’s Mom, so she could live in town. She told us a little girl had been run over by a horse and buggy in the late 1800’s. My closet door was very hard to open and close, but one night I heard the creek of my closet door. I knew it was the little girl, and after a few nights of annoyance, I simply said, “I am tiered. I have school tomorrow. I don’t care what you do during the day, but leave me alone at night.” She never bothered me again.

        Shortly after my Mom went to a medium who told her my Grandmother, my mother’s Mom, was watching over us. I did the same twice before I was married; they told me many truths of the past and future. This laid the groundwork for future spell/spirit work.

        I speak to my spirits on a regular basis; I can feel them around me. When I talk about them or write, their energy grow stronger and I can physically feel their energy. I ask my spirits to help me through difficult times and for guidance; but, although I have known about spirits for year, I have only recently started practicing ritual magic with them and I do not do it often. It is a matter of respect and I always ask and never demand my will be done. It is not their job to do my bidding; but help me gain the knowledge I am here to learn in this lifetime.

        I will not work with energies of a negative nature. To me working with a demon to obtain what you desire is the equivalent to hiring a thief to acquire a new flat screen TV. The consequences will out way the desire.

        Ethne

      • gywdion
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2012
          Greetings Crick,

          I think the best way to get to know a spirit is to learn as much as you can about the entity. Before you invoke, I would (and have) ask myself the following questions: I would ask, is there a good reason I should invoke this entity? Does it help me accomplish a goal or answer a question I have? Any time you invoke an entity there can be a residual affect whereas part of the essence of the spirit can stay with you for a while. The personality of the spirit can and usually will eventually reveal itself to you in time. The way it's personality can seem to affect you may be different than it's affect on another practitioner. Really the only way that you can tell whether it is something you want to work with, is to try it and see. If it doesn't fit well, banish the energy afterward and try another if you need to.

          Yes, I believe in what you call demons. They have their place in the universe like everything else. I don't look at the universe with black and white lenses anymore. After walking the crooked path for so many years and hedge riding between the worlds, I have found there are many gray areas. Even what we call angels, are not always what we would "call" nice. All beings have a purpose. Of course this is just my experience.

          bb,

          Gywdion 3*
          Gardnerian Swans Cove

        • Crickjump@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2012
            Ahhhhhhhhhh, a voice of experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...

            Crick

             Mother Earth Gemstones - Quality Specimens at great prices. A huge inventory to choose from.

            I think the best way to get to know a spirit is to learn as much as you can about the entity. Before you invoke, I would (and have) ask myself the following questions: I would ask, is there a good reason I should invoke this entity? Does it help me accomplish a goal or answer a question I have? Any time you invoke an entity there can be a residual affect whereas part of the essence of the spirit can stay with you for a while. The personality of the spirit can and usually will eventually reveal itself to you in time. The way it's personality can seem to affect you may be different than it's affect on another practitioner. Really the only way that you can tell whether it is something you want to work with, is to try it and see. If it doesn't fit well, banish the energy afterward and try another if you need to.

            Yes, I believe in what you call demons. They have their place in the universe like everything else. I don't look at the universe with black and white lenses anymore. After walking the crooked path for so many years and hedge riding between the worlds, I have found there are many gray areas. Even what we call angels, are not always what we would "call" nice. All beings have a purpose. Of course this is just my experience.

            bb,

            Gywdion 3*
            Gardnerian Swans Cove

            --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Crick" <Crickjump@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks: When you invoke a spirit whether in a Sacred Circle, Nemeton or what have you, how do you discern the personality of such an entity?
            > In other words, how do you determine that the invoked entity is something that you can work with? Do you believe in Demons? Would you work with such an entity?
            > Do you believe that human aspects lend themselves to other world entities such as spirits and what have you?
            > If not, how do you develop an understanding of such entities in a way that you can relate to?
            >
            > Crick...

          • Rachael Wiegand
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2012
              I have never invoked anything. I do believe in demons and have written books on some of them. They are just self-published books. Not available in stores. It is very interesting to hear your guys' stories and experiences with invoking.
              :) Rachael