Next Course of Action

  • mary
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
      In my last post, I let everyone know what I learned in the last year about acknowledging my own needs and being careful with my energies. I've decided my next course of action, and tomorrow (in a few hours, actually) I will begin on it.

      I'm going to begin making hair ornaments. Some barrettes, some clips, some combs, fashioned in a way which will give tribute to the goddesses and the gods. There will be some pieces for every day wear, some for ritual wear, some for special occasions. I have drawn up my logo- not an easy task, since I'm colorblind and don't see well. I knew what i wanted, but it took about 3 hours to make it come together. There was a time I could have done it in an hour. Oh, well. I got it done, and that's what counts. I have a few designs already drawn up in very rough form. I am considering starting out with a shop on Etsy, because it's very economical to have a storefront there.

      I am getting good signs about this new venture. I have a good feeling about it. Now all I've got to do is get together my materials, put them together, photograph them and start my storefront. I don't see myself up and running at all before mid-month. This will be a pleasant venture, as far as the work goes. I love to create things. It will be much lower stress than chasing down payment in the old venture, and there will be few deadlines to meet that I don't set for myself. It will also be less physically painful on my hands, because I'll work at my own pace. This is me taking the things I've learned and putting them to good use. I'll need a good dose of luck, but I've got plenty of perseverance and plenty of ideas. I won't object to folks crossing their fingers for me, though. (GRIN)

      Keep Trying, Yall. YOu never know what will happen until you do...
      Mary
    • Talitha Dragonfly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
        I've been learning a little something about following your instincts and your passions lately, and for the first time in my life I've been listening to them and having grand success with them!  Good luck to you, and I would be very interested in seeing your creations when they are ready.

        Blessed Be,
        Talitha

        Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
        - Ambrose Redmoon

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
          Thanks, Talitha!

          I lucked out and found everything I needed to get started building them today! I'm all antsy now, because I have to wait til after supper so I can work at the kitchen table! LOL! I'll post the link as soon as I have it up and going. Perhaps I can post the pics to the file section, I don't know.
          Keep your head up!
          Mary