Curious

  • sad_irish_man
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 1, 2009
      Greetings folks: I've been writing for a number of years and have been published by many different on-line e-zines and I often get requests to re-print my articles. But up till now they have been requests from the US and Canada. Including a recent request from a liberal political group (go figure). Anyway, no big deal.
      But now this morning I have a request in front of me from an Austrian pagan e-zine that wants to translate my articles for their mag.
      Has anyone ever heard of the Austrian pagan OnlineMagazine?
      The address is http://www.wurzelwerk.at, but its in Austrian and so I can't make heads or tails of it. (sigh)...
    • Tina
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 1, 2009
        I poked around a little, found some in english, looks like any other pagan site, just in german.  you can pick out some words, well, at least i'm finding i'm having a nack for it.  looks ok to me but that is just me, i don't read german.

        What was in english is at the bottom of the home page, wer uber uns, then the bottom of the next page, is our philosophy in english.  That was all i found in english.  Looks like there is a page that has a whole bunch of articles on it (links to them) to learn from.

        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 1, 2009
          Very cool. I was a bit taken back at the request. But as long as it isn't a hate group it should be ok...

          White Hart Gifts http://whitehartgifts.com/index.html

          Midnight Magick 2 http://Midnightmagick2@...

          Whispering Woods, a comprehensive web site http://Whisperingwood.homestead.com

          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 16, 2011
            Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?

            Crick
          • Andaluz de Arion
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
              Good morning Crick-

              Such lovely questions you pose for us, dear man.

              I have always felt an odd reticence on this subject from childhood. The thought has made me uncomfortable since before the days of The Exorcist, so I have always shied away from it. Based on an experience with a friend, though, I have no doubt it is a real phenomenon.

              My friend was having a very emotional, stressful year, having her marriage break up, social structures collapsing under her, traveling on the thumb here in a country not her own. She visited here as usual, we had a lovely time, of which the smudge ritual is an integral part. She left for several months and had a terrible maladventure out West, had what was called a psychotic break, and was hospitalized a short time.

              On her return across the country, she stopped in as always and as always, one of the first things after hello and the bathroom was the smudge. After our phone conversations I knew she had been through the mill and really needed our wee ritual of cleansing, clearing, and grounding. It was something treasured between us. She was looking forward to it. Our old routine was so set that it would never cross my mind to ask her permission in the moment, as this was understood to be permanently given and something we had shared intimately for years.

              I simply went about preparing the smudge as we talked, and when it was ready smudged myself lightly first while she watched, same as always. Other than her tiredness and sadness, she seemed the same as always. Then, as we always had done, I turned to her and presented the bowl to her in mute offering to begin her smudge. As I bent toward her with the bowl, moving it to the heart chakra and allowing the smoke to begin to actually touch her aura, a truly shocking change came across her face - she literally snarled at me silently, showing her teeth to me, and the look in her eyes was utterly terrifying, totally aggressive, and clearly warning me to get that the fuck away from her in no uncertain silent terms or she was going to hurt me. I work with animals a lot, and this was the look of a cornered animal that is going to attack you physically if you do not back off immediately. I froze, and then backed carefully away from her, keeping the bowl between us, and you could watch what was showing in her face retreat to the interior again, leaving her looking very pale and confused.

              It was a very strange and terrifying moment, and I was actually afraid to have her in the house overnight. Nevertheless, she spent the night, during which I didn't really sleep, and she was up and gone with the first light (odd in itself since she rarely ever moved before noon). I heard later her family came to get her and take her home across the ocean, and I have never heard word one from her since, or anyone who knows her.

              I've had many years to think about this strange encounter. I had known this woman fairly well for several years, in a variety of states of consciousness. She was someone I had learned by experience to trust. In my earlier life, I did a fair amount of volunteer work in our local mental hospital, and had seen psychotic patients in various states of aggression and loss of control and while sometimes disturbing, had never seen anything quite like this. This was
              physically seeing a different personality come through and literally take over, and then her confusion as it retreated back under the surface. In our short talk before the smudge she claimed to have been given some sort of hallucinogen without her knowledge.

              What I have come to believe is that she was very highly stressed, pushed to the point of loss of emotional balance over her marriage collapse, frantic at the loss of another person's spirit sharing and mixing with her own, and then a drug slipped to her without her knowledge opened the final door. I think another entity slipped into this lovely spot in reality and took up residence, invited in by the rawness of her need to share love and her lack of self-care, self-maintenance on the spiritual level.

              I have also felt that I failed her in a profound way. By that time, I had had experience in clearing unpleasant spirits from a house, so certainly understood techniques that could have been used to try and help her. On the other hand, though, there was the very clear indication that this could be very dangerous, both physically and spiritually, and my mate and son, then only 6 or 7, were in the house. I chose to take no action in this situation, in large part due to my own fear of the subject and what I was seeing in front of me, but equally to protect my son. I also made the cardinal sin of assuming we would have a little more time together to think this through. Instead, my moon lady was gone on the first rays of the sun.

              I know that mental illness can take many forms and shapes, but I also know that reality lies in experience and feeling and I know what I saw and felt. To this day I wonder if I failed my Goddess on this one, but with a child in the house I do not know what else I might have done. I never do a smudge ritual now without her image in my heart.

              Blessings, friends, and never forget there is more in heaven and earth......so care for yourselves and teach your children to care for themselves.

              Storm Ravyn
              The Lady Arion

              --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

              > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?
              >
              > Crick

            • Tracy
              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
                That was hauntingly sad, and it must have taken somewhat out of you to share it, so thank you. I hope your friend found peace one day.... later, T.

              • Crickjump@aol.com
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
                  Greetings Storm Ravyn: This is one of those rare times when I am basically speechless. After reading your post I wanted to reach out and give you and your dear friend a hug. My morning started out pretty crappy, but then after reading your post, well, sometimes its just not about ourselves. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt experience. If there is anything that we (T and I) can do, please allow us to do so. Hugs to you sister...

> [...]

                  I know that mental illness can take many forms and shapes, but I also know that reality lies in experience and feeling and I know what I saw and felt. To this day I wonder if I failed my Goddess on this one, but with a child in the house I do not know what else I might have done. I never do a smudge ritual now without her image in my heart.

                  Blessings, friends, and never forget there is more in heaven and earth......so care for yourselves and teach your children to care for themselves.

                  Storm Ravyn
                  The Lady Arion

                  --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

                  > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?

                • Kerritwyn Ceannaire
                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
                    I will be interested in responses; I have no experience with this sort of possession, not for myself or any wiccan/pagan/catholic friends, but..........it may very well be possible.

                    ~ HP Kerritwyn Ceannaire ~

                    THE ORDER OF THE WHITE MOON
                    The Sacred Three

                    Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?

                    Crick

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        LancasterPaganCommunity-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        LancasterPaganCommunity-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Kerritwyn Ceannaire
                    Message 9 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
                      Very interesting story, Storm Ravyn..........fascinating.  I recalled, while I was reading, that I too have stayed up all night several times when so-called friends were staying over......in two cases I had no idea why I felt such a STRONG urge to *guard and defend*; in one case I heard, later, that the person was arrested for arson...........scary stuff.

                      ~ HP Kerritwyn Ceannaire ~

                      THE ORDER OF THE WHITE MOON
                      The Sacred Three

> [...]

                      I know that mental illness can take many forms and shapes, but I also know that reality lies in experience and feeling and I know what I saw and felt.  To this day I wonder if I failed my Goddess on this one, but with a child in the house I do not know what else I might have done.  I never do a smudge ritual now without her image in my heart.

                      Blessings, friends, and never forget there is more in heaven and earth......so care for yourselves and teach your children to care for themselves.

                      Storm Ravyn
                      The Lady Arion

                      --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

                      > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?

                    • Carole Fulmer
                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 17, 2011
                        --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

                        > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?
                        >
                        > Crick

                        Hello, Tracy, Crick or whoever-

                        Yes, it could be possible, but there are many variables to the
                        equation. In Native American lore, demonic posession is a common
                        belief in that weaker individuals (meaning spiritually and
                        physically) can be easily overtaken by a demonic entity if it desires
                        to do so. If you have ever heard the term "skin walker", you can
                        begin to understand the root of this belief. There is a great deal
                        of difference between demonic and spiritual posession however...the
                        "spirit" is looked upon as somewhat of a benevolent entity, the demon
                        just the opposite. I believe that demonic posession is quite real, (And I know something of this nature is quite possible as I have confronted supposedly posessed individuals at various points in
                        my lifetime.)thus this would no doubt be quite a bit more common than spirit posession. Our ancestral "spirits" are generally believed to be the souls of those who passed before us...our "other-worldly family" so to speak and these spirits could weaken us if they took
                        posession of our Earthly bodies. However, an exception to this would
                        be if the ancestral spirit (or any other spirit with good purpose,
                        for that matter...)took posession of a person with intent on healing
                        an illness or other physical/psychological aberation. Demons, on the
                        other hand, would seek out a person's weaknesses and exploit them to
                        the point of driving that person mad. If a person is a sexual deviant, for instance, the demon would exploit this by making that person's sexual desires insatable, giving this as an example. The demon would be quite proficient at reading a person's aura or picking up the negative energies he or she gave off. A medicine man (or medicine woman, for that matter) or an adept ceremonial magician who posesses the skill and knowledge to perform such a ritual,(where that person could actually call up a demon by name and control the conjured entity), could very well send the conjured demon anywhere he or she wanted it to go, including posessing another human being's body and soul. Sasquematch and Crazy Horse were believed capable of doing such a thing. But, there is no concrete proof in this writing that they ever did such a thing. Pagans have the three-fold law many of them abide by...what a person puts out...good or bad, can come
                        back to them three times over if the intent is not fostered correctly. I have heard of ceremonial magicians, (Crowley, for instance, conjuring a demon called "Coronzoron" (sp?) where the ritual backfired and that person ended up posessed themselves. I would ask at this point why a person would even try to summon up a demon in the hopes of it doing their bidding and malevolent deeds?
                        Interestingly, "Ego" is probably our biggest demon in our present
                        culture, followed by what Xtians refer to as the seven deadly sins. We are all "posessed" to some degree...some more than others logically, but if you believe in evil as a force and not as a distinct creaturelike entity, it surrounds us everywhere.

                        I'm hoping this all made sense as I am taking a cold medication right now and for some reason I feel half stoned. If this comes
                        about as jibberish, consider the source.

                        Blessings- Carole
                      • Crick
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                          Hey folks: I am always curious about paths outside of Traditional witchcraft. As such, I know that we have folks here who practice Hermeticism, Dianic witchcraft and Santeria.
                          I personally would love to hear such folks share thoughts about their particular paths. This applies to other paths as well of course.
                          So if you are of a mind to, please share...

                          Crick
                        • newhope90072
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                            I believe that a spirit or demon can possess a human being. Some energy is very strong and has the ability to suppress a human soul. There are cases of possession all over the world. Look at the Christian possessions that have been documented over the years, they are very compelling.

                            --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

                            > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?
                            >
                            > Crick

                          • newhope90072
                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                              Cut and Paste it to a word page, highlight it then click on it. There should be a translate option. If you are unable to do this, I think google has a translation site. I have a French facebook friend and this is what I do with his posts. Hope this help:)

                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                Thank you. Generally requests are made by English e-zines but at times there are requests from other than English e-zines...

                                Crick

                                Cut and Paste it to a word page, highlight it then click on it. There should be a translate option. If you are unable to do this, I think google has a translation site. I have a French facebook friend and this is what I do with his posts. Hope this help:)

                                --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "sad_irish_man" <Crickjump@...> wrote:

                                > Greetings folks: I've been writing for a number of years and have been published by many different on-line e-zines and I often get requests to re-print my articles. But up till now they have been requests from the US and Canada. Including a recent request from a liberal political group (go figure). Anyway, no big deal.
                                > But now this morning I have a request in front of me from an Austrian pagan e-zine that wants to translate my articles for their mag.
                                > Has anyone ever heard of the Austrian pagan OnlineMagazine?
                                > The address is http://www.wurzelwerk.at, but its in Austrian and so I can't make heads or tails of it. (sigh)...

                              • Wayne II
                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                  Austria is a country that lies south of Deutshcland... the language is similar to German but it has influences in French, if I'm not mistaken...

                                  I looked at the site just now; it seems the majority of it is in German. As a German linguist i the Army, I can still read and write in German pretty proficiently and this is definitely easily translated.

                                  I think you (Crick) might be interested in the SchamanenBlick section... a look or blink into Shamanisn. It seems there might be articles translated into English already...

                                  Have at it...

                                  Bottom
                                  Cut and Paste it to a word page, highlight it then click on it. There should be a translate option. If you are unable to do this, I think google has a translation site. I have a French facebook friend and this is what I do with his posts. Hope this help:)

                                  --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "sad_irish_man" <Crickjump@...> wrote:

                                  > Greetings folks: I've been writing for a number of years and have been published by many different on-line e-zines and I often get requests to re-print my articles. But up till now they have been requests from the US and Canada. Including a recent request from a liberal political group (go figure). Anyway, no big deal.
                                  > But now this morning I have a request in front of me from an Austrian pagan e-zine that wants to translate my articles for their mag.
                                  > Has anyone ever heard of the Austrian pagan OnlineMagazine?
                                  > The address is http://www.wurzelwerk.at, but its in Austrian and so I can't make heads or tails of it. (sigh)...

                                  No virus found in this message.

                                • Crickjump@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                    Very cool. I was associated with a coven in Germany from 1975 to 1978 when I lived in Landsthul. My German is still passable (Hessian dialect) but like the rest of my mind is slowly slipping away (sigh)...

                                    Crick

                                    Cut and Paste it to a word page, highlight it then click on it. There should be a translate option. If you are unable to do this, I think google has a translation site. I have a French facebook friend and this is what I do with his posts. Hope this help:)

                                    --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "sad_irish_man" <Crickjump@...> wrote:

                                    > Greetings folks: I've been writing for a number of years and have been published by many different on-line e-zines and I often get requests to re-print my articles. But up till now they have been requests from the US and Canada. Including a recent request from a liberal political group (go figure). Anyway, no big deal.
                                    > But now this morning I have a request in front of me from an Austrian pagan e-zine that wants to translate my articles for their mag.
                                    > Has anyone ever heard of the Austrian pagan OnlineMagazine?
                                    > The address is http://www.wurzelwerk.at, but its in Austrian and so I can't make heads or tails of it. (sigh)...

                                    No virus found in this message.
                                  • Deborah Wiseman
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                      The only German I know is putzfrau....not sure if I spelled it correctly....LOL

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                        Yikes, with my limited knowledge of PA Dutch, that is not a polite phrase at all. I would refrain from calling anyone that, LOL.

                                        --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Wiseman <wisepsychic@...> wrote:

                                        > The only German I know is putzfrau....not sure if I spelled it correctly....LOL

                                      • Bleiddwn Moonlore
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                          I have walked a few paths, but the one that im currently on calls to me as it is what I call a shadow Shaman.  I also find Taoism to be amazing as well.

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                                            I believe this can happen depending on the will of the person in general.

                                            I believe that a spirit or demon can possess a human being. Some energy is very strong and has the ability to suppress a human soul. There are cases of possession all over the world. Look at the Christian possessions that have been documented over the years, they are very compelling.

                                            --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <tmzall@...> wrote:

                                            > Hey folks: Do you believe that a spirit or demon or what have you can possess a human being?
                                            >
                                            > Crick

                                          • Wayne II
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011

                                              Putzfrau is the correct spelling... cleaning lady...

                                              Bottom

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                                                No way, is it? I thought putz was Yiddish for the dangly bits on a guy, and not a proper word. How do you get from that to cleaning lady? Language is weird. later, T.

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                                                  thanks....glad I got it right.....

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                                                    Thanks Tracy, someone else on here said it means cleaning lady.  My granfather Tucker knew PA Dutch and I used to be able to say a few words when I was a lot younger....forgot it all now.....sigh

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                                                      Putzen means to clean, polish or scrub. Frau meand woman or lady. In the German apartments, each resident is responsible for helping clean the staircase every weekend. There is a "Community" common bucket with washing and cleaning items, etc. When you have done your duty for the weekend, you drop off the bucket at the next apartment and that person knows it's their turn next.

                                                      LFB

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                                                        Heh, thats what Crick said it meant too. I looked it up tho and putz does mean what I thought it did in Yiddish. I thought it was some kind of insult meaning a prostitute, you know, a .... wife. I only know enuf German to tell time and order food, perhaps talk about the weather. peace, T.