Re: Hi, Everybody! How ARE ya!

  • Bottom
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hi, Mary;

      First, congratualtions on your book review - 4 out of 5 stars is a wonderful attribute to your abilities!!

      You are a treasure to those wolves/dog-wolves you harbor and take in. It's not an easy task retrieving half chewed spectacles from the bowels of a canine of that caliber. I bet they truly appreciate those cow bones more than the ocassional eyewear-chewy... SMILE

      Regarding your family and their hideous actions, I can see how frustrating it can be for you due to your particular circumstances... It's never any fun dealing with cynical family members - as extended as it might be.

      A former Clanhead of mine used to say that you should adhere to the Witch's Rede: "An Harm Ye None, Do As Ye Will." However, that does not mean you have to take their crap either... Protecting yourself from people like that is what I teach my own students now. "Be the Rose. You are pretty to look at from afar, but if somebody wants to touch you (like 'cut you down'), let them be stung by the thorn."

      I set up Wards of protection around me and the Covenstead. When somebody attempts to do me harm, that action bounces off me and right back to them times thirteen. From their perspective, it seems that I am counter-attacking, but it is truly their own energy that is magnified against them...

      That protection spell has been there for several years and is just as strong today as it was when I erected it those, oh, so many years ago. I never indicate to my students that vindication is an answer, because there is Karma connected to it. Instead, meet anger with stoicism.

      Avoid personal vendettas to surface on the plain of their actions. If they give a gift, acknowledge the gift and accept that as a white flag of surrender on their part. If their action was anything less than that, let that be on their heads - not yours.

      I hope that your personal power is magnified by your honest efforts. Perfect Love and Perfect Trust is a difficult concept to grasp when there are outside circumstances beating you down. Have faith that you are the best person you could possibly be and let others see you thru your honest actions. It has been working for me lately... SMILE

      Lord Fairy Bottom

      --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "mary" <mtbargeman@...> wrote:

      > Just checking in, everybody. I wanted to say howdy, and to greet any new members I may have missed. I've been quite busy getting my freelancing as a writer going, as well as trying to sell books. I have quickly learned that it really is a lot eaasier to write them than it is to sell them. Many of you may know that we rescue the occasional wolf or wolf-dog, if we can- no more than two at a time, of course, in order to give them what they need to be happy and healthy creatures. I'm quite fond of the newest member of our pack. His name is Bullet. I will admit, that I almost sent my husband to the store for curry spices last week, though- little sucker actually ATE my spectacles. Well, half of them. Suppose that's what I get for not having enough big cowbones for him. The irony that his name is Bullet, and that my lenses were supposed to be bullet-proof, is n ot lost on me. So now, my FB pic is a bat, and it will stay there until I get a new pair. I love bats, anyway. I've learned a lot from them, since neither of us can see well. Life is like that sometimes.
      >
      > Just received my first professional review of my novel, and I'm proud to say I received a rating of four out of five bookmarks. It's a little scary to ask a total stranger to review your work- deep down, you're a bit worried that your family and friends just don't have the heart to tell you that you stink....LOL!
      >
      > I am getting out more and more, and the social fears are subsiding some, though I still have my days.
      >

      > Say, here's a question for you- if a family memeber was doing mean- cruel, actually, things to you and your family, how would you handle them? This person excludes us from things they know we care about- the condition of an aged relative who is a wonderful person, refuses to allow us to see them, lies about things to keep us away,,etc. This stems from the fight I was in about a year and a half ago, where I had my stepdaughter prosecuted. Her grandmother has stated that she hates me and my husband-her SON, and that I actually DESERVED the beat-down. Yet, since she celebrates Christmas, she sends my kids gifts, but refuses to speak to them. ALl my info about my step-dad-in law is second hand and always incomplete, because the bearer odf the news is a lazy drunkard. I have decided to write them all off, and send back anything sent by them. To my mind, it is tainted with bad things, and I don't want it in my house. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't care at all, except that I do care for her husband- he is my friend. Also, my kids, who are 8 and almost 12, care for him, too. They are unsure of their grandmother. She tends to be a bully when she thinks she can be. It's why we don't get along- I won't be controlled. SO, do I send her some magickal slight, or leave her be??

    • mary
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
        Hi, Bottom!

        Thank you for your kind words. I think you are correct about being like the rose. As long as their stupidity doesn't start to harm or affect my own children in any way, I have decided to leave it be. If they bother my kids, they will have a lot of problems to deal with. I am prepared to accept the consequences of this type of action. I don't believe in never "harm none"- in defense of family or self, I will send someone something they'll hate, but I won't waste energy on hopeless cases, or where it would harm the innocent without that collateral damage being absolutely neccessary. I don't think it is necessary at this time. For right now, it doesn't seem to bother the kids. It hurt their feelings at first- they are children, and don't understand all the nuances of "adult" behavior. It doesn't seem to bother them now, however. I answered their questions with the truth- some people are upset with me, and are taking it out on everyone else in our family unit. They quickly decided they did not approve of this behavior, and now they ignore them completely. Probably there is something I could learn from that. I worry more about them than me, as I would suppose is typical of a parent. Or at least, I think it should be typical, anyway.lol. I was quite irritated when I made that post, because I found that I had been lied to. I don't lie to people, and I expect the same from them. I guess that is my own folly, since these people are known liars. Ugh! Enough of this! let's think about something happy- there's dandelions EVERYWHERE here in Virginia, and while out yesterday, I saw lots of daffodils, too. Yay, SPRING!:)

        Keep Your Heads Up, Folks!
        Mary