Fwd: [pagansoftheworld] 'Dirty Old Wiccan' Faces Sexual Assault Charges

  • Crickjump@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2010

      A Mega Pagan store. Quality items for the discerning Pagan
      Whispering Woods. A comprehensive Pagan website

      The Herald-Review, April 20, 2010
      DECATUR, Ill. -- Two 17-year-old women told police they were sexually
      molested by a 40-year-old man involved in a witchcraft group known as the
      Order of the Seeing Eye."
      The man was arrested and booked into Macon County Jail on Friday on
      preliminary charges of criminal sexual abuse, after one of the women told
      police she was molested at a party at his home at which witchcraft was
      practiced.
      The teenager reported to police that she attended the party on Saturday
      April 10, with some friends, in the 1200 block of North Dennis Street,
      according to a sworn statement by a Decatur police officer. She discovered
      that the man was the leader of a group of six to 10 people.
      When she inquired about joining the group, she was told she had to
      undergo a cleansing ritual to get rid of her bad energy. After lying on the
      living room floor, the man performed ritual chants and rubbed his hand all
      over her body.
      The woman told police that she was afraid to resist because the man was
      the leader of the group and had many swords and knives in the room. She said
      she never gave the man permission to touch her.
      Another 17-year-old woman told police that the man has performed 10 to
      15 "ritual cleansings" on her since she joined the group about two months
      ago. During some of those rituals she told the man to stop rubbing her body,
      which would cause him to stop for 10 seconds before resuming.
      This woman told police she was afraid to come forward because the man
      threatened to kill anyone if they spoke about his group.
      A third 17-year-old woman told police the man, whom she referred to
      derisively as "the dirty old Wiccan," also molested her during a "cleansing
      ritual," but she declined to file a complaint because of fear of retribution
      The man admitted to performing "cleansing rituals," but said he only
      bladed his hands between the women's breasts, but never touched theirbreasts.
      The man was released from jail after posting $2,500 bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned May 18 in Macon County Circuit Court.

    • mary
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2010
        There are always three sides to every story- your side, my side, and the right side. We will never know what truly happened, but I suspect the so-called, "Dirty old Wiccan" is going to get the S*** end of the stick. Pagans usually do, especially in the South, the Midwest, and all of the Eastern Mountains. Most of us have to keep pretty quiet about our activities to keep away the crazies with the fiery crosses and pitchforks and Bibles. On the other hand, just like every other 'group' of Humans, there are always those who seek power and control over others, and will abuse every scrap of power they can get. Like I said, we will never know what truly happened, but either way, my money is on that Pagan being Royally Screwed.

        BirdSong
        --- In LancasterPaganCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Crickjump@... wrote:

        > A Mega Pagan store. Quality items for the discerning Pagan
        > http://midnightmagick2.com/
        >

        > Whispering Woods. A comprehensive Pagan website
        > http://whisperingwood.homestead.com

      • Talitha Dragonfly
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2010
          The story reminds me of the many many many reasons why I do not allow minors to attend any of my Coven's rituals unless accompanied by a parent.

          Blessed Be,
          Talitha

          God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.