Codeathon, Health, Community, Computing, Humanist 1. Sa-Su 12-13 9a-7pm Francop

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Codeathon, Health, Community, Computing, Humanist

      1. Sa-Su 12-13 9a-7pm Francophile Education SIG Free Codeathon
      2. Tu Jan 15 6:30-9:30pm Francophile Health SIG Free Event
      3. Tu Jan 15 6:30-9:30pm Francophile Community SIG Free Event
      4. We-Th Jan 16-17 8:30a-6:30pm Francophile Computing SIG Free Summit
      5. Th Jan 17 6-8:30pm Francophile Humanist SIG Free Panel

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Sa-Su 12-13 9a-7pm Francophile Education SIG Free Codeathon
      The Shared Learning Collaborative (SLC) is working to make personalized learning
      a reality for every student by improving the integration of education technology-
      reducing educators’ time spent tracking the progress of students, and making it
      possible to support teachers in their craft by recommending individualized
      learning resources for their students.
      We need teachers and developers to work together in creating new applications
      for teaching and learning, and to identify quality online content for the classroom.
      Through a fun and stimulating weekend of collaboration we aim to provide
      participants with a chance to become part of a growing community of practitioners
      who are preparing for the national launch of SLC in early 2013. At the end of the
      event we will also be awarding prizes for best application prototypes - please check
      out SLC Camp Bay Area for prize details.
      Please bring along your laptop for this pioneering event. Show up with a passion
      to revolutionize education, and we’ll connect you with the people to make it happen!
      Please note, we will have food available both Saturday and Sunday for you.

      http://dev.slcedu.org/slc-camps/slc-camp-bayarea

      Computer History Museum
      1401 N. Shoreline Blvd Mountain View, CA 94043

      Tu Jan 15 6:30-9:30pm Francophile Health SIG Free Event
      SVHealth Agenda:
      6:30pm Networking
      7:15-8pm Startup 5&5. Three health startups will have five minutes to present
      and five minutes for Q&A and resource sharing from the audience.
      8-8:45pm Keynote speakers

      http://www.meetup.com/SVHealth/events/69995832/

      PlugPlay Tech Center
      440 N Wolfe Rd., Sunnyvale CA 94085

      Tu Jan 15 6:30-9:30pm Francophile Community SIG Free Event
      "Building and Scaling Nerd Communities: Hacker Dojo and Dev House"

      Much of Silicon Valley's strength as an innovation center is due to its warm &
      welcoming community of engineers. Communal institutions and get-togethers
      have formed a critical part of both academic and commercial environments. The
      founding of Apple from the Homebrew Computer Club is one classic example, but
      less well known is that Pinterest was formed at Hacker Dojo.

      This talk will describe the origins and evolution of Super Happy Dev House, its
      spread across the world (and Mexico in particular), & its evolution into Hacker
      Dojo. This story includes 2012's struggles with the City of Mountain View & the
      institution's ultimate move to a larger facility, its fundraising efforts,
      and its ongoing experiments in community management.

      http://www.californiaconsultants.org/

      Agilent Technologies, Inc., Bldg 5 - Aristotle Room
      5301 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95051

      We-Th Jan 16-17 8:30a-6:30pm Francophile Computing SIG Free Summit
      Open Compute Summit
      Join us for Keynotes, Presentations and stay for the Reception.
      Registration is now open, and is still free, so register today!
      http://opencompute.org/summit-2013/

      Wednesday, January 16
      7:30a – 9:00a Registration
      8:00a – 9:00a Breakfast/Sponsor Booths Open
      9:00a – 12:00a Keynotes, Announcements and Presentations from Industry Luminaries
      12:00a – 1:00p Lunch
      1:00p – 6:00p Executive Sessions/Sponsor Presentations/Hardware Hackathon
      3:00p – 6:00p Technical Tracks (registration required — see below)
      6:00p – 6:30p Shuttles to Cocktail Reception
      6:30p – 10:30p: Cocktail Reception – Computer History Museum
      Thursday, January 17
      8:00a – 9:00a Registration Opens/Breakfast/Sponsor Booths Open
      9:00a – 12:00p Continuation of Technical Tracks/Hardware Hackathon
      12:00p – 2:00p Lunch
      2:00p – 5:00p Plenary/Hackathon Prizes/Round Up
      ~5:00p – Summit Concludes
      Hardware Hackathon
      We’re hosting our first-ever hardware hackathon over both days of the summit,
      so you can take part in helping make OCP hardware more efficient and economical.
      Register for the hackathon today!

      Santa Clara Convention Center
      5001 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054

      Th Jan 17 6-8:30pm Francophile Humanist SIG Free Panel
      Stanford Multidisciplinary Multimedia Meeting of Arts, Science and Humanities.
      SMMMASH! Our ambition is to provide "a multidimensional exploration of
      universal themes about the human condition by
      artists, scientists, thinkers and innovators of the Bay Area."

      Each moderated by cultural historian Piero Scaruffi.

      Each panel will be complemented by a themed "art exhibition" in the lobby
      of the auditorium by Bay Area artists working in various media.

      5. Body
      What is a body, where does it come from, what is it for? The answers seem
      obvious until you focus and realize that there is a lot more than the
      superficial biological facts. For example, our bodies are also for dancing and
      for playing sports, activities that require incredible skills and practice. We spend
      an increasing amount of time in a disembodied virtual world of emails, websites,
      social media and even e-learning. Science will soon be capable of changing the
      genes of your DNA, of replacing your limbs with better prosthetic limbs,
      of augmenting your organs with microchips, of cloning your entire being,
      and of building robots that can do everything you do. What will a body be then?
      What are the moral implications of a disembodied or "multi-embodied" life?

      http://www.smmmash.com/

      Location: Stanford Cubberley Auditorium

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.