Daumier, K-Tech, EdTech, Enterprise2.0, BayCHI, Entrepreneurship, Job, ST, Inria

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2012
      Daumier, K-Tech, EdTech, Enterprise2.0, BayCHI, Entrepreneurship, Job, ST,
      Inria, GF

      1. Aug 24-Nov 11 11a-5pm Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Exhibition
      2. Mo-Tu Nov 12-13 10a-5pm Franco-Korean SIG Free Conference+
      3. Mo Nov 12 6:30-8:30pm Francophile EdTech SIG Free Event
      4. Tu-Th Nov 13-15 Francophile Enterprise 2.0 SIG Free Expo+
      5. Tu Nov 13 7-9:30pm Francophile BayCHI SIG Free Event
      6. We Nov 14 6pm Francophile Entrepreneurship SIG Free Event
      7. Th Nov 15 6:45-9pm Francophile Web SIG Free Event
      8. Job offer

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Aug 24-Nov 11 11a-5pm Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Exhibition
      "When Artists Attack the King: Honoré Daumier and 'La Caricature,' 1830-1835"

      Work by the original bad boys of political satire goes on view August 1.

      As press coverage of the 2012 American presidential election heats up, this
      Exhibition explores the art that ignited a 19th-century battle over politics and
      freedom of the press. The weekly Paris journal La Caricature, founded in 1830
      shortly after Louis-Philippe I (1773-1850) took the French throne, quickly
      became the King's worst enemy in his fight for popular approval. It published
      hundreds of lithographs by Honoré Daumier (1808-1879) and other artists that
      thoroughly ridiculed the July Monarchy, as Louis-Philippe's reign was known.
      See how, in the approximately 50 prints on view, La Caricature used social
      satire, visual puns, and physical caricature to mock the July Monarchy's
      ministers,
      their censorship of the press, and the King's physical appearance.

      Ongoing every day from August 1, through November 11.
      Admission:
      Open Wed-Sun 11am - 5pm, Thursdays until 8pm; admission is free.
      CLOSED MONDAY AND TUESDAY.

      http://events.stanford.edu/events/332/33257

      Cantor Arts Center, just off Palm Drive, at Museum Way and Lomita Drive
      Stanford Campus, CA

      Mo-Tu Nov 12-13 10a-5pm Franco-Korean SIG Free Conference+
      Join us for the Conference and Stay for the Expo, Receptions, and Parties.

      K-Tech Silicon Valley 2012 is an invite-only, premier technology conference &
      expo will provide a platform for over 500 Korean and US IT experts and
      entrepreneurs to demonstrate recent advancements in IT Convergence.

      http://www.k-tech.org/home/ktech_home/eng/index.jsp

      Use this exclusive, limited invite code:
      KtechSJM
      for an all-access GOLD pass.
      http://www.k-tech.org/home/ktech_home/eng/sub_ctx5-1.jsp

      Attendees of the conference & expo will also be able to explore business
      opportunities with Korean IT companies and learn about the latest IT trends,
      focusing specifically on the integration of technology into the automotive,
      energy, and healthcare industries, including meetings with the leading figures
      from Korea's government and IT industries. This is a unique opportunity to
      learn firsthand about the technologies and integration strategies that are
      powering one of Asia's most dynamic, innovative and important economies.

      Santa Clara Marriott Hotel,
      2700 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara CA 95054

      Mo Nov 12 6:30-8:30pm Francophile EdTech SIG Free Event
      Conversation With Leading EdTech Investors
      Join us for the mingling, panel conversation and stay for the food, refreshments.

      This month we're featuring EdTech industry leaders and investors for a panel
      conversation. We have invited them to speak to us about what is trending deal
      flow in the edtech space and to talk a bit about how the market is responding to
      those companies that are getting funded. For those funded edtech companies
      that are not being we're asking to hear their thoughts on the disconnects between
      product, team, execution, market fit, etc.

      This month we're featuring EdTech industry leaders and investors for a panel
      conversation. We have invited them to speak to us about what is trending deal
      flow in the edtech space and to talk a bit about how the market is responding to
      those companies that are getting funded. For those funded edtech companies
      that are not being we're asking to hear their thoughts on the disconnects between
      product, team, execution, market fit, etc.

      Another important part of the panel conversation will consist of hearing insights
      about what is trending in angel deals.

      Finally, the panel will talk a bit about learning innovations that are empowering
      stakeholders outsides of or beyond the schools and traditional "Education system."

      http://www.meetup.com/EdTech-Silicon-Valley/events/88242012/

      Nest GSV
      425 Broadway St
      Redwood City, CA 94063

      Tu-Th Nov 13-15 Francophile Enterprise 2.0 SIG Free Expo+
      Join us for the show and stay for the Keynotes, Receptions and Parties.

      Register Now for a Free Expo Pass with Code COLLEAGUE
      http://www.e2conf.com/innovate/registration/

      E2 Innovate takes a strategic perspective, emphasizing the bigger picture
      implications of the technology and the exploration of what is at stake for
      organizations trying to change not only tools, but also culture and process.

      Beyond discussion of the "why", there will also be in-depth opportunities for
      learning the "how" that will help you bring Enterprise 2.0 to your business.

      Keynotes
      Tuesday, November 13 9:30 AM–12PM - (Location: Ballroom F)
      Keynote: Ben Fried, CIO, Google
      Keynote: Michael Fauscette, Group VP of Software Business Solutions, IDC
      Keynote: Kevin Cavanaugh, VP of Business and Technical Strategy, IBM
      Keynote: Fritz Nelson, VP & Editorial Director, InformationWeek Business
      Technology Network & David Berlind Chief Content Officer, UBM TechWeb
      Keynote Panel: Venture Money & the Red Hot Enterprise
      Wednesday, November 14 9:30 AM–12PM - (Location: Ballroom F)
      Keynote: Rich Carpenter, Chief Technology Strategist, GE Intelligent Platforms
      Keynote: Nitesh Banga, AVP & Head of Global Sales, Business Platforms - Infosys Ltd
      Keynote Panel: Tomorrow's Challenges for Today's CIO
      Keynote Panel: Unlocking the API Economy
      Keynote Panel: Talent 2.0: Addressing the Skills Gap While Closing the Opportunity Divide
      Locknote
      Thursday, November 15 11:30 AM–12:00 PM - (Location: Ballroom F)

      Special Events
      Expo
      Tuesday, November 13 12:00 PM–6:00 PM - (Location: Expo Hall)
      Our Creativity Crisis - Presented by IBM
      Tuesday, November 13 1:30 PM–2:15 PM - (Location: Ballroom H)
      Citizen Developers and the IT Department: How to Make Everyone Happy - Presented by Wizehive
      Tuesday, November 13 3:45 PM–4:30 PM - (Location: Ballroom H)
      Cocktail Reception
      Tuesday, November 13 4:30 PM–6:00 PM - (Location: Expo Hall)
      Official Attendee Party – Sponsored by Mimecast
      Tuesday, November 13 6:00 PM–8:00 PM - (Location: TechMart,
      5201 Great America Parkway, right next to the Hyatt Regency)
      Expo
      Wednesday, November 14 12:00 PM–6:00 PM - (Location: Expo Hall)
      The Emergence of Predictive Social Media Analytics - Presented by IBM
      Wednesday, November 14 12:15 PM–12:35 PM - (- Exhibit Hall)
      JARGON, SHMARGON: Federated Big Data SAAS Contextual 2.0:
      Wednesday, November 14 12:45 PM–1:05 PM - (Exhibit Hall)
      Top Gamification Techniques to Drive Business Efficiency and Collaboration
      Wednesday, November 14 1:15 PM–1:35 PM - (Exhibit Hall)
      Get Your Gamification On: How to Use Game-Based Thinking
      Wednesday, November 14 1:45 PM–2:05 PM - (Exhibit Hall)
      The Modern Enterprise App Development Lifecycle -
      Wednesday, November 14 2:15 PM–2:35 PM - (Exhibit Hall)
      Cocktail Reception
      Wednesday, November 14 4:30 PM–6:00 PM - (Expo Hall

      Free Programs (Open to All)
      http://www.e2conf.com/innovate/conference/open-to-all.php

      Santa Clara Convention Center
      5101 Great America Parkway
      Santa Clara, CA - 95054

      Tu Nov 13 7-9:30pm Francophile BayCHI SIG Free Event
      Join us for the presentations and stay for the networking.
      7:00-7:30 pm
      Tea, Coffee, Socializing, …
      7:30-9:30 pm
      Personal Robots on the Horizon
      We are getting closer to a day when robotic technology will be commonplace.
      We will see it in devices we recognize as robots, and in forms that create new
      categories of devices. Robotics is following a path that parallels that of
      computing: Mainframe computers and industrial robot arms are both large,
      expensive devices that operate behind locked doors on behalf of an organization.
      Personal robots, like personal computers, will be used directly by individuals
      to increase their effectiveness in whatever they do.

      BayCHI program meetings are free and open to the public.

      http://www.baychi.org/program/

      PARC's George E. Pake Auditorium
      3333 Coyote Hill Road
      Palo Alto, CA 94304

      We Nov 14 6pm Francophile Entrepreneurship SIG Free Event
      CIE Speaker Series Welcomes
      Steve Blank
      The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship invites you to attend our
      upcoming CIE Speaker Series during Global Entrepreneurship Week. We are
      pleased to welcome serial entrepreneur, author and Silicon Valley legend
      Steve Blank for a fireside chat with Leavey School of Business
      Dean Dr. Drew Starbird.

      http://fallciespeakerseries.eventbrite.com/#

      6:30-7:00 pm Check In/Registration & Complimentary Desserts
      7:00-8:30 pm Program

      Santa Clara's Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) strives to foster,
      promote, and strengthen this talent locally and globally by leveraging a
      unique combination of strengths and advantages: our ideal location; a 450-year
      educational tradition; state-of-the-art facilities; and distinguished faculty,
      staff, alumni and friends.

      Learn more today at www.scu.edu/business/cie

      Parking available in the Parking Structure
      Santa Clara University
      Recital Hall, Music & Dance Building
      500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053

      Th Nov 15 6:45-9pm Francophile Web SIG Free Event
      Join us for the presentation and stay for the reception/networking
      Your Script Just Killed my Site -

      Ads, buttons, widgets – third party content is popular on today's websites.
      JavaScript provides a great way to mashup content from different sources.
      Unfortunately, in most cases each JavaScript snippet is capable of bringing down
      the entire site. What?! That's right – site outages aren't restricted to the
      backend, they happen on the frontend, too. Join as the speaker talks
      about the prevalence of frontend SPOF, ways to avoid it,
      and a deep dive into snippet performance analysis.
      Agenda:
      Beer tasting + local cuisine* starting @ 6:41 PM
      Presentation @ 7:19 PM
      Discussion @ 7:53 PM

      http://www.meetup.com/TechXploration/events/90057472/

      RSVP now to reserve your spot!

      PayPal Town Hall
      2161 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95131

      STMicroelectronics Job offerings in the Bay Area:
      Descriptions at:

      http://www.nicolasfillon.com/STJobs.html

      Please send an email to:
      nicolas.fillon@...
      with the position number and your resume and cover letter and
      I will forward it to the hiring manager within STMicroelectronics.

      A small French company named Germitec has developed a new system for
      achieving high level disinfection of medical instruments. The first application
      is for ultrasound probes. The company is looking for a med school or MBA
      student for a part-time project to identify and characterize opportunities for
      the system other than HLD of ultrasound probes. A copy of the job description
      is attached.
      Information on the company can be found at http://www.germitec.com/
      Respond to Robert Chess at RChess@...

      Sequoia High School in Redwood City, CA is looking for someone to be a French
      guest in their French classes. They would come and speak French and teach some
      things about France.
      Contact Karina Chin: 650.367.9780
      Email: kachin@....

      ZeTrip.com , a new social travel discovery startup started by French
      entrepreneur Edouard Tabet, is looking for its first marketing
      part-time intern. ZeTrip is an early stage startup based in Menlo Park, CA
      with the goal of helping people share their travel experiences and
      inspire their friends to discover the world. Our first beta site was
      launched mid-june, check it out : http://zetrip.com .
      Compensation : generous early stage equity stock options + hourly rate.
      If you're interested please contact Edouard Tabet edouard@...

      The LIRMM (Informatics lab) is a 350-person cross-faculty research entity
      of University of Montpellier, France and the National Center for Scientific
      Research (CNRS). It is home of internationally recognized researchers in
      semantic technologies, text/data mining, ontologies,
      bioinformatics and artificial intelligence.

      We are currently offering 1 fully-funded PhD studentships commencing
      fall 2012 for 3 years. Applications are invited from France, EU and
      international students on the following PhD project.

      http://www.lirmm.fr/~jonquet/research/projects/SIFR/2012_SIFR_PhD_position.html

      Dr. Clement JONQUET - PhD in Informatics - Assistant Professor
      jonquet@...
      http://www.lirmm.fr/~jonquet
      University of Montpellier
      LIRMM
      161 rue Ada
      34095 Montpellier Cdx 5
      France
      Tel: +33/4 67 14 97 43
      Fax: +33/4 67 41 85 00
      Skype: clementpro
      Twitter: @jonquet_lirmm

      Researchers in computer sciences and mathematics

      At the interface of informatics and mathematics, 3,400 researchers
      located in Inria's eight research centers work, along with their academi
      and industrial partners from around the world, on the science and
      technologies of tomorrow.

      Joining Inria means a stimulating environment where you can work
      with others on ambitious scientific projects.
      Joining Inria also lets you collaborate with all the different actors to
      find concrete solutions to problems affecting society or the business
      world, and all this in a rewarding, international context.
      Joining Inria gives you as well the possibility to train tomorrow's talent,
      working with master and Ph.D students.

      Join us if you are seeking fulfillment in a multicultural, collaborative
      setting and looking to solve challenges in informatics or mathematics
      and their applications!

      Our job offers on
      http://www.inria.fr/en

      GLOBALFOUNDRIES Opportunity Summit 2011
      Check the Career Opportunities at
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/careers/
      Send to ludolamy@... your desired position
      and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact at
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions
      at the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the
      company's new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near
      Saratoga Springs, NY receiving equipment in July 2011.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.