Matsuri, Telemedecine, OpenCloud, CloudCamp, Village, GTUG, Jacobs, Job, Inria,

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      Matsuri, Telemedecine, OpenCloud, CloudCamp, Village, GTUG, Jacobs, Job, Inria, ST, GF

      1. Su Apr 29 9:30a-4pm Franco-Japanese SIG Free Festival
      2. Su Apr 29-May 1 10a-3pm Francophile Telemedecine SIG Free Expo
      3. Mo-We Apr 30-May 1 Francophile OpenCloud SIG Free Conference
      4. We May 2 10:15a-3:15pm Francophile Startup SIG Free Event
      5. We May 2 6pm Francophile GTUG SIG Free Event
      6. Th May 3 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      7. Job offer

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Su Apr 29 9:30a-4pm Franco-Japanese SIG Free Festival
      Join us for the arts and stay for the dances, music, and displays.

      The Nikkei Matsuri-San Jose Japantown (Japanese Festival) embraces the local
      community's love and appreciation of Japanese Culture and Heritage.
      This year will be the 35th Annual Nikkei Matsuri.

      The Arts and Crafts Fair is handmade with a focus on Japanese
      tradition and contemporary style.
      Our Indoor Stage, features Japanese culture through music (koto, shakuhachi),
      martial arts, and dance (Bando and Hanayagi styles).
      Our Outdoor Stage is contemporary and hosts groups like the well-known
      San Jose Chidori Band, the Wesley Jazz Band, and the San Jose Taiko.
      Cultural Displays, such as ikebana (flower arranging), suiseki
      (rock displays), bonsai (miniature trees and plants) and kimekomi
      dolls (handmade dolls based on a wooden form) which are a part of
      everyday Japanese life are shown in the San Jose Buddhist Church.
      Several schools and organizations are represented in these
      craft displays, spanning centuries of Japanese tradition.

      http://nikkeimatsuri.org/

      640 N. 5th St. (at Jackson)
      San Jose. CA 95112

      Su Apr 29-May 1 10a-3pm Francophile Telemedecine SIG Free Expo
      Join us for the expo and stay for the receptions and networking.

      ATA 2012 hosts the world`s largest scientific meeting and exposition
      focusing exclusively on telemedicine.
      In 2012, we anticipate over 4000 attendees, including researchers, clinicians,
      hospital and university administrators, program managers
      and industry representatives..
      See and handle thousands of the latest telemedicine technologies
      from over 250 product and service organizations.

      http://www.americantelemed.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3863

      Register at
      http://www.americantelemed.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3867

      Exhibiting Hours
      Sunday, April 29 -- 5pm-7pm
      Monday, April 30 -- 9:45am-6:30pm
      Tuesday, May 1 -- 10am-3pm

      San Jose McEnery Convention Center
      150 W. San Carlos St., San Jose, CA 95113

      Mo-We Apr 30-May 1 Francophile OpenCloud SIG Free Conference
      Join us for free workshops and stay for the job fair, receptions, and networking.

      We have invited the industries top Open Source cloud computing companies
      to educate us about Open Source and the Cloud as a way to kick start
      the conversation around other types of Openness in the Cloud.

      http://www.opencloudconf.com/opencloud.php
      RSVP at http://opencloudconf.eventbrite.com/

      Conference Schedule
      Monday Apr 30th - Pre-conference Workshops
      http://www.opencloudconf.com/workshops.php
      http://www.opencloudconf.com/workshops.php?#opencloud

      Tuessday May 1st - Open Cloud Day (Sessions & Workshops)
      http://www.opencloudconf.com/opencloud.php

      CloudCamp @OpenCloudConf (May 01)
      CloudCamp is an unconference where attendees can exchange ideas, knowledge
      and information in a creative and supporting environment, advancing the current
      state of cloud computing and related technologies. As an informal,
      member-supported gathering, we rely entirely on volunteers to help with
      meeting content, speakers, meeting locations, equipment and membership
      recruitment.
      RSVP http://opencloudcamp.eventbrite.com/
      5:30 pm - Registration, Food, Drinks & Networking
      6:00 pm - Introduction
      6:15 pm - Lightning Talks
      8:00 pm - Breakout Sessions
      9:00 pm - Wrap-up: Summary of Sessions
      9:30 pm - End of Camp

      Wednesday May 2nd - Open PaaS Day (Sessions & Workshops)
      http://www.opencloudconf.com/openpaas.php

      There are 3 main reasons PaaS has not taken off yet:
      1) Most PaaS providers only provide a service;
      2) They require their proprietary framework;
      3) There is no-way to leverage the code.

      Location:
      Silicon Valley Cloud Center
      222 Caspian Drive (enter on Borregas side)
      Sunnyvale, CA 94089

      We May 2 10:15a-3:15pm Francophile Startup SIG Free Event
      Join us browse the aisles of the Startup Village.
      The Startup Village
      More than 1,000 entrepreneurs, developers as well as investors and journalists
      from all over the world will browse the aisles of the Startup Village,
      the first outdoor startup festival of its kind.
      Do the math: with only 40 exhibitors for 1,000+ attendees, the Startup Village
      will be the most packed exhibit you have ever seen!
      Meet some of the prominent Venture Capital firms in Silicon Valley.
      Together with service providers, they will be available to answer questions
      related to starting your own company.
      Job Fair
      Exhibitors include some of the coolest high-tech startups looking to hire talent.
      Our attendees are some of the best developers in the Valley
      and don't attend regular job fairs.

      Register below
      http://thestartupconference.com/

      500 Castro St
      Mountain View, CA 94041

      We May 2 6pm Francophile GTUG SIG Free Event
      Introduction to Google Drive & the Google Drive SDK
      6:00 - 6:50 Networking & Light Dinner
      6:50-7:00 Lightning Talk! Simon Newstead, founder / CEO at Frenzoo
      7:00 - 7:15 Announcements
      7:15 - 8:30 Talk
      8:30 - 8:45 Q&A

      Google Drive is a place where people can create, share, collaborate and
      keep all of their stuff. Drive is a natural step in the evolution of Google
      Docs and is designed to work seamlessly with other Google applications
      ike Google+, Docs and Gmail. With the Drive SDK you can build apps
      that work seamlessly with Drive too. Come learn about what's new with
      Drive & how you can take advantage of the new SDK to build &
      distribute apps that work with Drive.

      http://www.meetup.com/sv-gtug/events/51115512/

      Google Headquarters (Sign in at Main Lobby, Building 43)
      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043

      Th May 3 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      Every Thursday 12-1pm Business SIG Free Event
      Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium Spring 2011
      Presenting
      Dr. Paul Jacobs
      CEO, Qualcomm, Inc.

      Since Fall 2002, the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering has
      hosted the Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium (SVLS). The Symposium
      hosts industry and technology leaders to talk about business and
      technology trends. It also features prominent leaders who discuss
      broader societal and political issues that shape our life and
      society.
      For more information contact Dr. Ahmed Hambaba, Associate Dean of
      Graduate & Extended Studies, College of Engineering:
      ahmed.hambaba@...
      The symposia take place every Thursday from 12- 1pm in the
      Engineering building auditorium, ENG 189.
      College of Engineering @ San Jose State University
      One Washington Square San Jose CA-95192

      http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/about/svls

      Our complete solution for the broadcast of traffic reports features consistent on-air
      and on-line components, 3D animation, information user pages and traffic forecasting.
      We offer a fast-paced and fun work atmosphere, and are centrally located in the
      Silicon Valley.
      We need a rock star Mobile and Web application software engineer intern for
      prototype development and enhancements of our mobile and web apps
      http://www.beatthetraffic.com/index.html
      We're combining exciting new technologies fun location based services.
      You can find more information about this internship at:

      http://www.trianglesoftware.com/wp-content/careers/Engineering_Internship.pdf

      Please send an email to:
      Patricia Poujaud < patou2004@... >

      Researchers in computer sciences and mathematics

      At the interface of informatics and mathematics, 3,400 researchers
      located in Inria's eight research centers work, along with their academi
      and industrial partners from around the world, on the science and
      technologies of tomorrow.

      Joining Inria means a stimulating environment where you can work
      with others on ambitious scientific projects.
      Joining Inria also lets you collaborate with all the different actors to
      find concrete solutions to problems affecting society or the business
      world, and all this in a rewarding, international context.
      Joining Inria gives you as well the possibility to train tomorrow's talent,
      working with master and Ph.D students.

      Join us if you are seeking fulfillment in a multicultural, collaborative
      setting and looking to solve challenges in informatics or mathematics
      and their applications!

      Our job offers on
      http://www.inria.fr/en

      STMicroelectronics Job offerings:

      We are looking for qualified people to fill key positions throughout the region.
      Applications Engineer III in Santa Clara, CA
      Applications Engineer IV in Santa Clara, CA
      Technical Account Executive Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Design Arch Principle Engineer I in Santa Clara, CA
      Software Design Staff Engineer I in Lake Oswego, OR

      More descriptions at:
      http://www.nicolasfillon.com/STJobs.htm

      Please send an email to:
      nicolas.fillon@...
      with the position number and your resume and cover letter and
      I will forward it to the right person within STMicroelectronics.

      GLOBALFOUNDRIES Opportunity Summit 2011
      Check the Career Opportunities at
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/careers/
      Send to ludolamy@... your desired position
      and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact at
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions
      at the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the
      company's new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near
      Saratoga Springs, NY receiving equipment in July 2011.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.