Southfirstfridays, HTML5, BayCHI, Law, Business, 'Les Dynamiques', Job, Inria, S

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012
      Southfirstfridays, HTML5, BayCHI, Law, Business, 'Les Dynamiques', Job, Inria, ST, GF

      1. Fr Apr 6 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      2. Tu Apr 10 5pm Francophile HTML5 Free Night
      3. Tu Apr 10 7-9:30pm Francophile BayCHI SIG Free Event
      4. We Apr 11 7pm Francophile Law SIG Free Lecture
      5. Th Apr 12 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      6. Th Apr 12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      7. Job offer

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Fr Apr 6 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      JOIN US for the next South FIRST FRIDAYS art walk on Apr 6th.

      A self-guided evening tour through galleries, museums, and independent creations
      featuring exhibitions and special performances —
      all venues are FREE & open to the public.

      Anno Domini // the second coming of Art & Design – 366 South First St.
      Opening Reception: The California State Institution solo exhibition.
      Higher Fire Clayspace & Gallery – 499 South Market St.
      Join us for a reception for the artists and additional demonstrations
      by studio members throughout the evening!
      KALEID gallery – 88 South Fourth St.
      KALEID Gallery presents two new feature exhibitions.
      MACLA Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana – 510 South First St.
      In MACLA's Gallery: Latino Art Now: MACLA's 14th Annual Art Auction
      and Exhibition Opening Reception at 7pm.
      Phantom Galleries – art exhibits in vacant storefronts and alternative spaces
      95 South Market St: Soliloquies from the Silent Country
      San Jose Jazz at Eulipia Restaurant – 374 South First St.
      San Jose Jazz
      San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles – 520 South First St.
      Quilt National '11 — The 17th biennial juried exhibition of Quilt National returns
      for the first time since 2006.
      SLG Art Boutiki & Gallery – 577 South Market St.
      Starting out the evening at the SLG Art Boutiki will be an awards presentation
      for the ArtShots video contest. Music feature TWO separate performances.
      Works San Jose – 365 South Market St.
      Outlast explores a woman's self esteem and body image as affected by pregnancy,
      parenthood, and aging. Inherent in these transitions is the rivalry of biology against
      serenity and the ensuing pitfalls of insecurity and guilt.
      Caffé Frascati – 315 South First St.
      First Fridays is Caffe Frascati Opera Night presented with the Bay Area's finest
      opera singers performing your very favorite classical arias and duets live in the cafe!
      Downtown Yoga Shala – 450 South First St.
      Join us after Candlelight Yoga with Amanda (featuring Tension-Reducing Prana Flow
      at 5:30-6:45pm) as we open our doors at 7:00pm to welcome the art patrons and
      downtown community featuring: Nature Magnified a photographic experience.
      Good Karma Vegan Café – 37 South First St.
      Phantom Galleries presents I Can't Go On; I'll Go On a new body of work.
      METRO Photo Exhibit – 550 South First St.
      METRO Photo Exhibit closed in April
      Pho69 – 321 South First St. map
      A world full of bright colors and whim where you can escape from
      your busy lives and anxieties for endless hours.
      Psycho Donuts – 288 South Second St.
      The gallery displays top local artists and has an ongoing exhibit.
      South First Billiards & Lounge – 420 South First St.
      TechShop San Jose – 300 South Second St. map
      Members will be bringing in projects that they have made.
      Come check out what projects you can make at TechShop!
      Art Ark – 1035 South Sixth St.
      Opening Reception (6-9pm): Urbanity: an art exhibition composed of 33 local
      artists whose work explores daily life in metropolis.

      http://www.southfirstfridays.com/

      SoFA district in downtown San Jose
      (on South First Street between San Carlos & Reed Streets

      Tu Apr 10 5pm Francophile HTML 5 Free Night
      `HTML5 Community Night'
      If you have an open-source project or are interested in doing one, this talk is for you.
      If you are interested in exploring the latest HTML5 technology, trends, tools, and
      platforms, this is the event for you. You will be listening to industry experts
      to talk about the graphical web, newest feature in HTML5 and CSS3, HTML5
      game and tools/platforms.
      A panel discussion with the experts will be followed right after the talks.
      Agenda
      5:00 - 6:00 pm Registration, Demo showcase, Social, food, drink
      6:00 - 6:30 pm Kick off
      6:30 - 7:10 pm The Graphical Web - Fostering Creativity
      7:10 – 7:50 pm Dart
      7:50 – 8:00 pm break
      8:00 - 8:20 pm WebFWD
      8:20 - 9:00 pm Behind The Scenes of Cut The Rope
      9:00 - 9:30 pm Panel Discussion & Q&A
      9:30 - 9:40 pm Give Away and Wrap

      http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Game-and-App-Development-Group/events/57082702/

      Microsoft Campus, Bldg 1
      1065 La Avenida St, Mountain View, CA 94043

      Tu Apr 10 7-9:30pm Francophile BayCHI SIG Free Event
      BayCHI program meetings are free and open to the public.
      7:00-7:30 pm
      Tea, Coffee, Socializing, …
      7:30-9:30 pm
      `Designing a More Equitable Internet'
      The research is concerned with the design of appropriate, accessible information
      systems serving poor, rural, remote and otherwise underrepresented in the
      developing and developed world. It is also broadly interested in the impact that
      new kinds of information and communications tools (ICTs) can have for
      improving transparency and trust in governance, aid and philanthropy.

      This talk includes
      a) the design of cheap, "low-fidelity" interaction techniques
      allowing new populations to easily and cheaply author content;
      b) the importance of "bottom-up" data for planning and evaluating development projects; and
      c) how human-assisted data processing, interleaving automated and
      human-driven steps, can help bridge the potential structural gaps between (a) and (b).

      http://www.baychi.org/program/

      PARC's George E. Pake Auditorium
      3333 Coyote Hill Road
      Palo Alto, CA 94304

      We Apr 11 7pm Francophile Law SIG Free Lecture
      `Copyright Law and Fair Use'
      "Transformation, Copyright, and the Right of Publicity in the Digital Age"

      In copyright law, something is more likely to be fair use if it somehow "transforms"
      the original work. Similarly, in right of publicity cases, courts are increasingly
      looking to whether the depiction of a celebrity is somehow "transformative."
      The autor will argue that this transformation test is applied in a way
      that threatens free speech in the digital age.

      This event is open to the public, totally free to attend, and is part of a
      Lecture Series sponsored by the Entrepreneurship Program at Cogswell.

      To RSVP to this event, follow this link: http://cogswellcollege.eventbrite.com/

      Cogswell College/Dragon's Den
      1175 Bordeaux Drive Sunnyvale, CA, 94089

      Th Apr 12 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      Every Thursday 12-1pm Business SIG Free Event
      Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium Spring 2011
      Presenting
      Pankaj Patel
      Senior Vice President, Engineering and GM, Service Provider Business, Cisco

      Since Fall 2002, the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering has
      hosted the Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium (SVLS). The Symposium
      hosts industry and technology leaders to talk about business and
      technology trends. It also features prominent leaders who discuss
      broader societal and political issues that shape our life and
      society.
      For more information contact Dr. Ahmed Hambaba, Associate Dean of
      Graduate & Extended Studies, College of Engineering:
      ahmed.hambaba@...
      The symposia take place every Thursday from 12- 1pm in the
      Engineering building auditorium, ENG 189.
      College of Engineering @ San Jose State University
      One Washington Square San Jose CA-95192

      http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/about/svls

      Th Apr 12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting

      *Santana Row
      *Chili's Grill and Bar
      *377 Santana Row, Suite 1090
      *San Jose, CA 95128
      * 408-241-9880
      The Driving directions / Map are incorrect but it is really in
      Santana Row at Winchester Blvd and Olin Av

      Visit Parking :
      http://www.santanarow.com/pdf/SR_Directory.pdf

      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for French and Francophiles to exchange ideas,tips,
      and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips,etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and
      with each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.

      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop
      relationship among people with the same Franco-international affinities.

      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.

      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.

      Free and open to the public.

      To secure a larger room RSVPs appreciated
      at
      http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/8715743

      Our complete solution for the broadcast of traffic reports features consistent on-air
      and on-line components, 3D animation, information user pages and traffic forecasting.
      We offer a fast-paced and fun work atmosphere, and are centrally located in the Silicon Valley.
      We need a rock star Mobile and Web application software engineer intern for
      prototype development and enhancements of our mobile and web apps
      http://www.beatthetraffic.com/index.html
      We're combining exciting new technologies fun location based services.
      You can find more information about this internship at:

      http://www.trianglesoftware.com/wp-content/careers/Engineering_Internship.pdf

      Please send an email to:
      Patricia Poujaud < patou2004@... >

      Researchers in computer sciences and mathematics

      At the interface of informatics and mathematics, 3,400 researchers
      located in Inria's eight research centers work, along with their academi
      and industrial partners from around the world, on the science and
      technologies of tomorrow.

      Joining Inria means a stimulating environment where you can work
      with others on ambitious scientific projects.
      Joining Inria also lets you collaborate with all the different actors to
      find concrete solutions to problems affecting society or the business
      world, and all this in a rewarding, international context.
      Joining Inria gives you as well the possibility to train tomorrow's talent,
      working with master and Ph.D students.

      Join us if you are seeking fulfillment in a multicultural, collaborative
      setting and looking to solve challenges in informatics or mathematics
      and their applications!

      Our job offers on
      http://www.inria.fr/en

      STMicroelectronics Job offerings:

      We are looking for qualified people to fill key positions throughout the region.
      Applications Engineer III in Santa Clara, CA
      Applications Engineer IV in Santa Clara, CA
      Technical Account Executive Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Design Arch Principle Engineer I in Santa Clara, CA
      Software Design Staff Engineer I in Lake Oswego, OR

      More descriptions at:
      http://www.nicolasfillon.com/STJobs.htm

      Please send an email to:
      nicolas.fillon@...
      with the position number and your resume and cover letter and
      I will forward it to the right person within STMicroelectronics.

      GLOBALFOUNDRIES Opportunity Summit 2011
      Check the Career Opportunities at
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/careers/
      Send to ludolamy@... your desired position
      and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact at
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions
      at the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the
      company's new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near
      Saratoga Springs, NY receiving equipment in July 2011.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.