Southfirstfridays, Entrepreneurship, BI, BayJax, GDC, GTUG, 'Les Dynamiques', Jo

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      Southfirstfridays, Entrepreneurship, BI, BayJax, GDC, GTUG, 'Les Dynamiques', Job, Inria, ST

      1. Fr Mar 2 3 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      2. Fr-We Mar 2-7 Francophile Entrepreneurship Week SIG Free Events
      3. Sa Mar 3 8a-5pm Francophile Business Intelligence SIG Free Training
      4. Mo Mar 5 6-9pm Francophile BayJax SIG Free Event
      5. Tu Mar 6 6:30-10pm Francophile GDC SIG Free Event
      6. We Dec 7 6pm Francophile GTUG SIG Free Event
      7. Th Mar 8 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      8. Job offer

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Fr Mar 2 3 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      JOIN US for the next South FIRST FRIDAYS art walk on MAR 2nd.
      It all kicks off at 5pm! — ART WALK venues are free and open to the public

      Anno Domini // the second coming of Art & Design – 366 South First St.
      a cast of characters who are doing their best to simply get through the day.
      Higher Fire Clayspace & Gallery – 499 South Market St.
      New 2-D raku wall pieces by nationally recognized ceramic artist,resonate in the
      Hi-Fi Gallery! Join us for food, fun, and a reception for our featured artist.
      KALEID gallery – 88 South Fourth St.
      KALEID Gallery presents two new feature exhibitions with live music.
      MACLA Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana – 510 South First St.
      Stop by MACLA for an exciting evening of art, music and food!
      Join the artists for an artist talk and gallery walk through at 7pm.
      Phantom Galleries – art exhibits in vacant storefronts and alternative spaces
      95 South Market St:
      San Jose Jazz at Eulipia Restaurant – 374 South First St.
      Piccolo Bass as a solo instrument, intertwining melodious riffs with a moody rhythmic heart.
      San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles – 520 South First St.
      Quilt National '11 — The 17th biennial juried exhibition of Quilt National returns.
      SLG Art Boutiki & Gallery – 577 South Market St.
      Cult Films and Midnight Movies group show
      Works San Jose – 365 South Market St.
      Femme Fatale is a seductive and haunting exhibition exploring femininity.
      Caffé Frascati – 315 South First St.
      Opera Night presented by First Street Singers,with the Bay Area's finest opera
      singers performing your very favorite classical arias and duets live in the cafe!
      Downtown Yoga Shala – 450 South First St.
      Join us after Candlelight Yoga (featuring Power Flow with Amber 5:30-6:45pm)
      Good Karma Vegan Café – 37 South First St.
      Phantom Galleries presents I Can't Go On; I'll Go On a new body of work
      The paintings are influenced by venting of my thoughts and emotions.
      METRO Photo Exhibit – 550 South First St.
      Join us for the Metro Photo Exhibit SnapShots of a Housewife.
      Pho69 – 321 South First St.
      South First Billiards & Lounge – 420 South First St.
      Art and Chrome Culture group show. Original art and live painting
      Also featuring custom choppers, lowriders, and live entertainment.
      TechShop San Jose – 300 South Second St.
      Art Ark – 1035 South Sixth St.
      6–9pm Rebels in Wonderland An evening of live music and art.
      They will take you on a free journey around the universe and back,
      offering something to please all the senses.

      http://www.southfirstfridays.com/

      SoFA district in downtown San Jose
      (on South First Street between San Carlos & Reed Streets

      Fr-We Mar 2-7 Francophile Entrepreneurship Week SIG Free Events
      Come join us for Entrepreneurship Week 2012 at Stanford.
      Most events are free and open to all students, parents, alumni
      and members of the public.
      Click on individual events to see details or view the
      calendar summary page for a schedule overview.
      https://sen.stanford.edu/e-week/calendar

      Stanford Entrepreneurship Week 2012 takes place February 27 through March 7.
      This collection of over 30 events is hosted by the Stanford Entrepreneurship
      Network (SEN), a federation of programs, student groups and organizations
      supporting entrepreneurship in the Stanford community.
      Monday 2/27
      GSB Energy Club, Brown Bag Lunch with Nest Labs12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Brown Bag Lunch with Julia Hu, Founder of Lark.com 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Stanford Social Innovation Review, Open-House 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
      European Entrepreneurship: Cloud Computing &
      Social Media Startups in Iceland and Central Europe 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm
      Social Entrepreneur Structure Lab 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
      Tuesday 2/28
      Startup 101 Entrepreneur Career Expo 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
      The GSB Entrepreneur Club presents Parker Harris,co-founder of
      Salesforce - "Founder to Founders: Building a Business in the Cloud"
      12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Innovation in the Cloud: How Cloud Computing is Changing the Landscape
      of Entrepreneurship and Innovation5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
      Wednesday 2/29
      Brainstorming SEED: Fostering Entrepreneurship in Developing Economies
      12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar: Kristina Johnson
      4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
      What does it take to be a Stanford Student Entrepreneur? - The StartX Story
      6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
      Thursday 3/1
      Hacks and Hackers 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
      FounderSoup, "Meet Your Co-Founder" 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
      Friday 3/2
      The Most Common Mistakes Start-Ups Make from a Legal Perspective
      12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Design Thinking Workshop: Designing a Nation of Entrepreneurial Engineers
      2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
      OTL Open House/Happy Hour 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
      Saturday 3/3
      Winter Hackathon 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
      Designer Fair #2 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
      Monday 3/5
      Coaches-on-Call, Neerja Raman, Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Media X
      2:00 pm - 4:15 pm
      European Entrepreneurship: Venture Capital in the UK and Nordic Europe
      4:15 pm - 5:30 pm
      Tuesday 3/6
      The GSB Entrepreneur Club presents Jason Lange - FormativeLearning
      12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      GSB Annual Conference on Entrepreneurship 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      What does it take to launch a Medical Technology Startup? –
      The StartX MedTech Panel 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
      Wednesday 3/7
      Brown Bag Lunch with Dan Berkenstock and Julian Mann,
      Co-Founders of Skybox Imaging 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar:
      Sandra Kurtzig & Andy Kurtzig 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm

      Stanford University Campus, CA 94030

      Sa Mar 3 8a-5pm Francophile Business Intelligence SIG Free Training
      Bay Area Business Intelligence User Group
      Admittance is free, including lunch. To register, click on the SQLSaturday site.
      http://www.sqlsaturday.com/109/register.aspx

      SQLSaturday is a free one-day training event for SQL Server and Business Intelligence
      professionals. You can choose from six tracks - SQL Server 2012 Launch, DBA,
      Development, Business Intelligence, Cloud/Azure and "Bonus" track.

      If you are registered, it's time to download your SpeedPASS.
      This is your admission ticket to the event, along with raffle tickets for great prizes.

      Microsoft Technology Center,
      1065 La Avenida, Building 1,
      Mountain View, CA, 94043

      Mo Mar 5 6-9pm Francophile BayJax SIG Free Event
      Please join us for our event. We have two extraordinary speakers for the night,
      that will tell us all about Principles of security & Progressive enhancement.
      Details:
      5:30-6:30pm : Pizza, Networking, recruiting announcements
      6:30p-7:30pm: Progressive Enhancement 2.0: Because the Web isn't Print
      "In the beginning, progressive enhancement was simple: HTML layered with CSS
      layered with JavaScript. That worked fine when there were two browsers, but in
      today's world of multiple devices and multiple browsers, it's time for a
      progressive enhancement reboot. At the core is the understanding that the web is
      not print – the same rules don't apply. As developers and consumers we've been
      fooled into thinking about print paradigms for too long. In this talk, you'll learn
      just how different the web is and how the evolution of progressive enhancement
      can lead to better user experiences as well as happier developers and users."
      7:30pm - 9:00pm : Douglas Crockford - Principles of Security
      "The security of distributed applications is critically important. This talk will help
      you to develop the intuitions needed to think effectively about security.
      This is not just for people in colored hats. Everyone needs to understand this stuff."

      http://www.meetup.com/BayJax/events/54222572/

      Yahoo!
      701 First Avenue
      Bldg. C main Cafe URLs
      Sunnyvale, CA 94089

      Tu Mar 6 6:30-10pm Francophile GDC SIG Free Event
      Swiss Game Arcade 2012
      Come discover the latest Swiss games, meet the developers,
      test your skills, and win prizes!

      March in San Francisco means GDC (Game Developers Conference), the world's
      largest gathering of game industry professionals. GDC is an opportunity to
      showcase Switzerland's innovative new games and developers. Last year, we
      turned our event space into a de facto arcade.
      Join us this year as we showcase new games, including the first public demo of
      Shadow Government, a novel social game based
      on real data from nations around the world.

      There's more. Try your hand at the multi-player card game Moonga,
      and test the latest location-based game from Gbanga.

      Free - RSVP Required
      http://swissnexsanfrancisco.org/Ourwork/events/swiss-game-arcade-2012

      Program
      6:00 pm press preview
      6:30 pm doors open to the public
      7:00 pm lightning presentations from the game designers
      7:45 pm playtime and networking reception
      8:30 pm live performance of the Krautscape soundtrack
      9:00 pm more playtime!
      10:00 pm doors close

      730 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111

      We Dec 7 6pm Francophile GTUG SIG Free Event
      Silicon Valley Google Technology User Group
      Google Prediction API
      Make your smart applications smarter with Google's Prediction API. Take
      Advantage of Google's machine learning algorithms to make recommendations,
      analyze Twitter,detect spam, classify documents, identify languages and more.

      Store your applications' data securely and efficiently in
      Google's data centers with the StorageAPI.
      Plenty of code samples are promised.

      http://www.meetup.com/sv-gtug/events/51114452/

      Google Headquarters (Sign in at Main Lobby, Building 43)
      1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043

      Th Mar 8 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting

      *Santana Row
      *Chili's Grill and Bar
      *377 Santana Row, Suite 1090
      *San Jose, CA 95128
      * 408-241-9880
      The Driving directions / Map are incorrect but it is really in
      Santana Row at Winchester Blvd and Olin Av

      Visit Parking :
      http://www.santanarow.com/pdf/SR_Directory.pdf

      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for French and Francophiles to exchange ideas,tips,
      and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips,etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and
      with each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.

      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop
      relationship among people with the same Franco-international affinities.

      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.

      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.

      Free and open to the public.

      To secure a larger room RSVPs appreciated
      at
      http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/8715742

      Researchers in computer sciences and mathematics

      At the interface of informatics and mathematics, 3,400 researchers
      located in Inria's eight research centers work, along with their academi
      and industrial partners from around the world, on the science and
      technologies of tomorrow.

      Joining Inria means a stimulating environment where you can work
      with others on ambitious scientific projects.
      Joining Inria also lets you collaborate with all the different actors to
      find concrete solutions to problems affecting society or the business
      world, and all this in a rewarding, international context.
      Joining Inria gives you as well the possibility to train tomorrow's talent,
      working with master and Ph.D students.

      Join us if you are seeking fulfillment in a multicultural, collaborative
      setting and looking to solve challenges in informatics or mathematics
      and their applications!

      Our job offers on
      http://www.inria.fr/en

      STMicroelectronics Job offerings:

      We are looking for qualified people to fill key positions throughout the region.
      Applications Engineer III in Santa Clara, CA
      Applications Engineer IV in Santa Clara, CA
      Technical Account Executive Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Design Arch Principle Engineer I in Santa Clara, CA
      Software Design Staff Engineer I in Lake Oswego, OR

      More descriptions at:
      http://www.nicolasfillon.com/STJobs.htm

      Please send an email to:
      nicolas.fillon@...
      with the position number and your resume and cover letter and
      I will forward it to the right person within STMicroelectronics.

      GLOBALFOUNDRIES Opportunity Summit 2011
      Check the Career Opportunities at
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/careers/
      Send to ludolamy@... your desired position
      and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact at
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions
      at the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the
      company's new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near
      Saratoga Springs, NY receiving equipment in July 2011.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.