Arts&Culture, BayJax, HB-LED, SVNewTech, Business, CSS, 'Les Dynamiques', Job Inria, ST

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      Arts&Culture, BayJax, HB-LED, SVNewTech, Business, CSS, 'Les Dynamiques', Job Inria, ST

      1. Fr Feb 3 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      2. Mo Feb 6 6pm Francophile BayJax SIG Free Event
      3. Tu-Th Feb 7-9 Francophile LED SIG Free Exhibits Pass
      4. Tu Feb 7 7pm Francophile SVNewTech SIG Free Event
      5. We Feb 8 Francophile Business SIG Free Lunch/Meeting
      6. We Feb 8 6:30pm Francophile Javascript, CSS SIG Free Meeting
      7. Th Feb 9 Noon Francophile Culture SIG Free Meeting
      8. Th Feb 9 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      9. Job offer

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Fr Feb 3 6pm 'til late Francophile Arts & Culture SIG Free Event
      JOIN US for the next South FIRST FRIDAYS art walk on FEB 3rd.
      It all kicks off at pm! — ART WALK venues are free and open to the public

      Anno Domini // the second coming of Art & Design – 366 South First St.
      N'TENCE Hallucinations, a group exhibition by N'TENCE collective will
      be sharing artwork they created while experiencing past hallucinations.
      Higher Fire Clayspace & Gallery – 499 South Market St.
      Group showing of Bay Area clay superstars. Take in our eclectic display
      of ceramic artwork, play at the clay table, and watch the potters!
      KALEID gallery – 88 South Fourth St.
      KALEID Gallery presents two new feature exhibitions by artists and with a
      special performance by a Cellist.
      MACLA Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana – 510 South First St.
      Join MACLA for an extraordinary evening of art. Opening in MACLA's Gallery:
      4th Chicana/o Biennial:
      Phantom Galleries – art exhibits in vacant storefronts and alternative spaces
      95 South Market St: Shannon Amidon Kanji Garden
      Kanji Garden was created using hundreds of cut, hand dyed, and folded books.
      San Jose Jazz at Eulipia Restaurant – 374 South First St.
      A guitarist will present originals and arrangements that traverse a wide musical.
      San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles – 520 South First St.
      Join us for our South First Friday Salon art activity:
      Make your own fabric Valentine's Day card.
      SLG Art Boutiki & Gallery – 577 South Market St.
      Hearts and Arrows This month brings us to thoughts of romance.
      Works San Jose – 365 South Market St.
      Femme Fatale is a seductive and haunting exhibition exploring femininity.
      Caffé Frascati – 315 South First St.
      First Fridays is Caffe Frascati Opera Night presented by First Street Singers.
      Downtown Yoga Shala – 450 South First St.
      Join us as we open to welcome art patrons and the downtown community.
      Good Karma Vegan Café – 37 South First St.
      Phantom Galleries presents artist
      METRO Photo Exhibit – 550 South First St.
      Join us for the Metro Photo Exhibit Live. Local. Loud.
      Pho69 – 321 South First St.
      Phantom Galleries presents Catchwork in Rhythm paintings
      Psycho Donuts – 288 South Second St.
      The gallery displays top local artists and has an ongoing exhibit.
      South First Billiards & Lounge – 420 South First St.
      5-9pm ALL AGES. 9pm-close 21+
      TechShop San Jose – 300 South Second St.
      Please join us and experience a Kinetc-based instrument.
      Art Ark – 1035 South Sixth St.
      DYAD: an exhibition that explores the relationship between two pieces of art.

      http://www.southfirstfridays.com/

      SoFA district in downtown San Jose
      (on South First Street between San Carlos & Reed Streets

      Mo Feb 6 6pm Francophile BayJax SIG Free Event
      Please join us for a special event brought you by some of the FE engineers at
      Flickr.
      Surprisingly enough, they actually write code once in a while when they are
      not out there on excursions taking pictures of things.

      Agenda:
      6:00 - 6:30 : Pizza, Networking, Open recruiting announcements.
      6:30 - 7:00 : Eric Gelinas - Geo interfaces for actual humans
      7:00 - 7:30 : Stephen Woods - Creating Responsive HTML5 Touch Interfaces
      7:30 - 8:00: Scott Schiller - Adding sound to HTML

      http://www.meetup.com/BayJax/events/50453462/

      Yahoo!
      701 First Avenue
      Bldg. C main Cafe URLs
      Sunnyvale, CA 94089

      Tu-Th Feb 7-9 Francophile LED SIG Free Exhibits Pass
      Join Us for the Exhibits and stay for the receptions and parties.
      Strategies in Light
      Please register onsite.
      http://www.strategiesinlight.com/index.html
      Strategies in Light® is a business conference and exhibition on
      high-brightness LEDs. Over the past 13 years, it has grown to be
      both the longest-running and the largest conference in the HB LED
      and lighting industry. This event is the premier annual forum for
      presenting current commercial developments in high-brightness
      LED applications and provides unparalleled networking opportunities
      for component and equipment suppliers, manufacturers, and end-users
      of HB LED devices.
      The FREE EXPO PASS is your ticket to free networking receptions,
      free hands-on demos, free Lighting Research Presentations, free DOE
      presentations, free Innovators in LED Lighting presentation and so much more.

      EXHIBIT HOURS
      TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
      WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
      THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM

      RECEPTIONS
      TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
      WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM

      Santa Clara Convention Center
      5001 Great America Parkway
      Santa Clara, CA 95054

      Tu Feb 7 7pm Francophile SVNewTech SIG Free Event
      Learn about hot new web technologies and mingle with 200+ fellow
      entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts.

      We announce the lineup the day of the meetup, and
      we always feature four interesting companies.
      The first hour of the meetup will be demos (actual demos, no power point slides.
      The second hour is for networking and talking to the presenters.
      This is a FREE event. Pizza, beer, and wine will be provided.

      For more details, see the full listing:
      http://www.meetup.com/svnewtech/events/46334762/

      DLA Piper
      2000 University Ave
      Palo Alto, CA 94304

      We Feb 8 Francophile Business SIG Free Lunch/Meeting
      A major French multinational retail group will be present on the
      Stanford campus on Wednesday February 8. About 30 executives will be
      present, including the CEO and some members of the board. They would
      be greatly interested in meeting with Stanford students around a
      casual lunch so as to exchange on their views and ideas on the Silicon
      Valley and innovation in general.
      Please contact
      Felix de Chaumont de Quitry
      fcq@...
      for more details if you are interested, and don't hesitate to inform other persons
      that might be interested.

      We Feb 8 6:30pm Francophile Javascript, CSS SIG Free Meeting
      Tips & Tricks (Javascript, CSS)
      We are showing the love by sharing all of our Tips & Tricks.
      Two speakers will be sharing their Javascript & CSS favorites
      And then we'll open it up to folks in the audience.
      Agenda
      6:30-7:00 Networking, Arrivals
      7:00-7:30 Speaker Tips & Tricks
      7:30-8:00 Audience Tips & Tricks
      8:00-8:30 Networking

      http://www.meetup.com/startupslide/events/49289332/

      Polyvore's entrance is the to right of the main building entrance
      100 View St
      Mountain View, CA 94041

      Th Feb 9 Noon Francophile Culture SIG Free Meeting

      Hélène Conway, sénatrice des français à l'étranger, et Corinne Narassiguin,
      élue à l'assemblée des français à l'étranger,vous proposent de les retrouver
      sur le campus le jeudi 9 février à midi au Bechtel Internatonal Center pour
      une rencontre échange sur le thème de l'université, de l'enseignement
      et de la recherche en France et aux Etats-Unis.

      Bechtel International Center
      Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305
      http://campus-map.stanford.edu/index.cfm?ID=02-400

      Th Feb 9 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting

      *Santana Row
      *Chili's Grill and Bar
      *377 Santana Row, Suite 1090
      *San Jose, CA 95128
      * 408-241-9880
      The Driving directions / Map are incorrect but it is really in
      Santana Row at Winchester Blvd and Olin Av

      Visit Parking :
      http://www.santanarow.com/pdf/SR_Directory.pdf

      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for French and Francophiles to exchange ideas,tips,
      and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips,etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and
      with each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.

      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop
      relationship among people with the same Franco-international affinities.

      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.

      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.

      Free and open to the public.

      To secure a larger room RSVPs appreciated
      at
      http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/8715741

      Researchers in computer sciences and mathematics

      At the interface of informatics and mathematics, 3,400 researchers
      located in Inria's eight research centers work, along with their academi
      and industrial partners from around the world, on the science and
      technologies of tomorrow.

      Joining Inria means a stimulating environment where you can work
      with others on ambitious scientific projects.
      Joining Inria also lets you collaborate with all the different actors to
      find concrete solutions to problems affecting society or the business
      world, and all this in a rewarding, international context.
      Joining Inria gives you as well the possibility to train tomorrow's talent,
      working with master and Ph.D students.

      Join us if you are seeking fulfillment in a multicultural, collaborative
      setting and looking to solve challenges in informatics or mathematics
      and their applications!

      Our job offers on
      http://www.inria.fr/en

      STMicroelectronics Job offerings:

      We are looking for qualified people to fill key positions throughout the region.
      Applications Engineer III in Santa Clara, CA
      Applications Engineer IV in Santa Clara, CA
      Technical Account Executive Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Design Arch Principle Engineer I in Santa Clara, CA
      Software Design Staff Engineer I in Lake Oswego, OR

      More descriptions at:
      http://www.nicolasfillon.com/STJobs.htm

      Please send an email to:
      nicolas.fillon@...
      with the position number and your resume and cover letter and
      I will forward it to the right person within STMicroelectronics.

      GLOBALFOUNDRIES Opportunity Summit 2011
      Check the Career Opportunities at
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/careers/
      Send to ludolamy@... your desired position
      and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact at
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions
      at the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the
      company's new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near
      Saratoga Springs, NY receiving equipment in July 2011.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.