Salsa, "Two Gentlemen, Be Giants, Cloud, Android, Salsa, Job Fair 1. Sa Aug 21

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2010
      Salsa, "Two Gentlemen, Be Giants, Cloud, Android, Salsa, Job Fair

      1. Sa Aug 21 Noon-8pm Francophile Salsa SIG 3rd Annual Free San Jose Festival
      2. Su Aug 22 2pm Francophile Outdoor Music SIG Free Concert
      3. Sa-Su 21-22 7:30pm Francophile Theatre SIG Free Show
      4. Tu Aug 24 7pm Francophile Computing SIG Free Event
      5. We Aug 25 6pm Francophile Android SIG Free Session
      6. Th Aug 26 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      7. Th Aug 26 Job Fair

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends.
      Your submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Sa Aug 21 Noon-8pm Francophile Salsa SIG 3rd Annual Free San Jose Festival
      Get ready for another Hot! Hot! Hot! community festival in Alum Rock Village!

      Alum Rock Avenue from White Road to Millar and Manning Avenues will be
      closed to traffic and the Village will once again take on the festive
      atmosphere of an Old-Time Street Fair in a quaint Town Square.

      For your pleasure, the Alum Rock Village Business Association will present:
      * A full day of Musical Entertainment featuring the Bay Area's Finest
      Salsa Bands performing at our huge covered stage!
      * Our Fantastic Children's Entertainment Area with its own stage
      and special guests!
      * Our Best-Tasting Salsa Contest!
      * Our Best Amateur Salsa-Dancing Contest!
      * Scores of white-topped canopies will line the street – each offering
      FUN, FOOD, Arts/Crafts and activities for the whole FAMILY! Admission is FREE!

      Main Stage Program
      Noon to 1:00 PM - Bay Area Extreme DJ
      1:00 to 1:30 PM - Opening Ceremonies
      1:45 to 3:30 PM - Orquesta Saboricua
      3:45 to 5:30 PM - Latin Affect
      5:30 to 7:00 PM - Salsa Dance Demo, Lesson, Dance Contest
      7:00 to 7:45 PM - Orquesta Borinquen
      7:45 to 8:00 PM - Closing Remarks
      Salsa Tasting Contest - Noon to 4:00 or until the salsa runs out!
      Children's Area - Opens at Noon for crafts and demos
      Children's Stage Performances - 1:00 to 6:30 PM
      Children's Carnival Rides - Noon to 8:00 PM

      Su Aug 22 2pm Francophile Outdoor Music SIG Free Concert
      Stern Grove Festival-Admission-Free Concerts!

      Indie rocks Stern Grove Festival's season finale
      They Might Be Giants take the stage for our season finale with their
      eclectic geek rock sound, smart lyrics, and offbeat musical style.

      Local indie rock favorite, Rogue Wave opens the afternoon with dreamy
      melodies and catchy pop songs punctuated by psychedelic guitars
      and intricate rhythms.

      Join us this summer June 20 - August 22 Sundays 2pm and
      experience the new Stern Grove!
      Since 1938, Stern Grove Festival has been the Bay Area's home for the
      best performing arts in a beautiful outdoor setting, completely
      admission-free. And now, after a $15 million renovation, Stern Grove
      is more beautiful than ever.
      The new Stern Grove features: new stage, retractable canopy, terraced
      concert meadow, pathways, restrooms, patron amenities, new
      infrastructure, new landscaping.
      Stern Grove :: 19th Avenue & Sloat Blvd :: San Francisco
      http://www.sterngrove.org/2010season.html

      Sa-Su 21-22 7:30pm Francophile Theatre SIG Free Show
      Free Shakespeare in the Park 2010 presents:
      "Two Gentlemen of Verona"
      Best friends Valentine and Proteus are two gentlemen of Verona, and youthful
      love is in the air. Proteus falls for Valentine's glamorous new girlfriend, Silvia
      and dumps the faithful Julia. To win back her man, she must (like all good
      Shakespearean heroines) dress up as a boy. With three outrageous outlaws, a
      misbehaving dog, and fun 60's tunes in the mix, Shakespeare's Two Gentlemen
      of Verona is a zany comic caper that's sure to delight the whole family.

      Free Shakespeare in the Park began in 1983, with its debut production
      of The Tempest in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. It is now one of
      the major free Shakespeare programs in the nation. Produced every
      year in San Francisco, Pleasanton, and Cupertino
      from July through September, Free Shakespeare in the Park provides
      an opportunity for everyone to see high quality, professional theater
      free of of charge.
      http://www.sfshakes.org/park/index.html

      2010 Schedule for Free Shakespeare in the Park

      Cupertino's Memorial Park Amphitheater
      (Stevens Creek Blvd & Mary Ave,
      across from De Anza College)

      # Saturday, Aug 21- 7:30 PM
      # Sunday, Aug 22- 7:30 PM
      # Friday, Aug 27 - 7:30 PM
      # Saturday, Aug 28 - 7:30 PM
      # Sunday, Aug 29 - 7:30 PM

      Tu Aug 24 7pm Francophile Computing SIG Free Event
      'Open Stack - the open source, open standards cloud"
      OpenStack allows any organization to create and offer cloud computing capabilities
      using open source software running on standard hardware. OpenStack
      Compute is software for automatically creating and managing large groups
      of virtual private servers. OpenStack Storage is software for creating
      redundant, scalable object storage using clusters of commodity servers
      to store terabytes or even petabytes of data.

      Come learn how this killer new project changes the competitive landscape.
      Hosted by Sebastian Stradil
      Hacker Dojo
      140A S Whisman Road, Mountain View, CA 94041

      We Aug 25 6pm Francophile Android SIG Free Session
      This is our monthly technical session for experiences Android developers.
      Each month we will focus on one or two android technical subject(s).
      This Meetup repeats on the 4th Wednesday of every month.
      Location
      T-Mobile
      1911 Landings Driv, Mountain View, CA 94043

      Th Aug 26 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      In its sixth year of operation.
      Ask Jimmy for the Francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thursdays: Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Jobs
      GLOBALFOUNDRIES
      To support our growing global operations, we are currently recruiting
      experienced semiconductor industry professionals to fill new positions at
      the company's corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley and at the company's
      new Fab 8 facility currently under construction near Saratoga Springs, NY.
      http://www.globalfoundries.com/opportunity_summit/
      Contact Jerome Fohet tipoux@...

      Th Aug 26 Job Fair
      Ma boite organise un forum de recruitement le 26 Aout, tellement le
      précédent a bien marché (500 participants, 11 recrues, dont moi!) et
      ils ont plein de postes à pourvoir encore.
      https://careers.arcsight.com/AS2601Connect/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=38
      S'ils préfèrent envoyer leur CV sous un autre format qu'une textbox (il vaut mieux),
      ils peuvent me l'adresser à vboncorps@... et je transmettrai.
      Vianney

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest
      Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.