BIO, Nanotechnology, Business, Salsa , Jobs

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      BIO, Nanotechnology, Business, Salsa , Jobs

      1. Mo Feb 4 2-7pm Francophile BIO SIG Free Career Fair
      2. Th Feb 7 11:30a-2pm Francophile Nanotechnology SIG Free Event
      3. Th Feb 7 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      4. Th Feb 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5. Th Feb 14 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      6. HP Jobs

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others. Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Mo Feb 4 2-7pm Francophile BIO SIG Free Career Fair
      BioSpace and DeviceSpace are joining forces to present the
      Biotech Bay Career Fair at the San Francisco Airport Marriott
      in Burlingame, CA. This event will
      feature exhibitors and candidates from the Biotech,
      Pharmaceutical, and Medical Device & Diagnostics industries.
      BioSpace and DeviceSpace Career Fairs give job seekers the
      opportunity to meet face-to-face with the region's elite science
      industry employers while presenting the opportunity to interview
      for hundreds of specialized open positions.
      San Francisco Airport Marriott
      1800 Old Bayshore Highway Burlingame, CA, 94010

      Th Feb 7 11:30a-2pm Francophile Nanotechnology SIG Free Event
      A weekly networking opportunity for business executives,
      entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, and all professionals
      who are interested in the emerging field of nanotechnology,
      bionanotechnology and clean technology.
      Registration: FREE. Please complete the online registration form:
      http://nanotechcongress.com/registration-nanolunch.htm
      Light lunch (i.e."nano lunch") will be provided free of charges.
      Join us for the New Year Celebration on Thursday January 3
      International Association of Nanotechnology
      1290 Parkmoor Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126
      Speaker: Lloyd L. Tran, President
      International Association of Nanotechnology
      Light lunch will be served at 11:30 AM-12:30 PM
      12:30 PM-1:00 PM: " R&D and Business Opportunities in 2008"
      1:00 PM-1:45 PM: Group Discussion - Networking
      2:00 PM: meeting adjourned.
      For more information, contact 408-280-6222
      or email to info@...

      Every Thursday 12-1pm Francophile Business SIG Free Event
      Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium Spring 2008
      Since Fall 2002, the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering has
      hosted the Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium (SVLS). The Symposium
      hosts industry and technology leaders to talk about business and
      technology trends. It also features prominent leaders who discuss
      broader societal and political issues that shape our life and
      society.
      For more information contact Dr. Ahmed Hambaba, Associate Dean of
      Graduate & Extended Studies, College of Engineering:
      ahmed.hambaba@...
      The symposia take place every Thursday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in the
      Engineering building auditorium, ENG 189.
      College of Engineering @ San José State University
      One Washington Square • San José, Ca-95192
      Feb. 7 Wim A. Coekaerts
      Vice President - Linux Engineering, Oracle
      Feb. 14 Dr. Richard Swanson
      President & Chief Technical Officer, SunPower

      Th Feb 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      In its sixth year of operation.
      Ask Jimmy for the Francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thursdays: Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th Feb 14 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      !! Special Saint Valentin !!
      *Attention- New Venue For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting
      *in a larger room with Happy Hour Specials
      *from 6:30-7pm and 10-11:30pm.
      * Restaurant T.G.I.F. 18h30->23h30
      * 10343 N. Wolfe Rd.
      * Cupertino, CA 95014
      * 408 257 2050
      http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?01900
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for French and Francophiles to exchange ideas,
      tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,
      housings, jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips,
      etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people
      and with each of your local communities as they work to build
      stronger communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop
      relationship among people with the same Franco-international
      affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover
      charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required but appreciated
      at
      http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/418924

      The Managed Home Business Unit (MHBU) is a new organization,
      dynamic and responsible worldwide for creating devices which deliver
      digital media from inside and outside the home to the customer's TVs
      and entertainment systems.
      Our business environment is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding.
      We're looking for people with a passion for start-ups and
      breakthrough
      technologies. We're looking for people to join the leading edge,
      creating
      digital media solutions that not only are market leading, but also
      unquestionably the most irresistible choice available to consumers.
      We're growing in Cupertino, CA and attracting talent for several
      integral
      roles listed below along with their requisition numbers.
      Wouldn't it be great to lead the future of
      imaging, entertainment and enjoyment?
      My group is hiring.
      Feel free to forward to people you know, recruiters, etc.
      Candidates should apply online at
      www.hp.com
      "jobs"
      http://h10055.www1.hp.com/jobsathp/
      and let me know that they've applied.
      Thanks!
      Pascal
      pascal.bruyere@...

      Small business specializing in traditional French masonry arts seeks
      honest, dedicated workers with a good work ethic and a great
      attitude,
      interested in
      joining our masonry crew. Be open minded and willing to learn
      traditional French masonry techniques with our founder and project
      supervisor on various jobsites in the wine country.
      We work on very high end projects and we have a top notch reputation.
      Previous masonry experience required. Have a car and an ability to
      travel to various project sites inSonoma, Napa, Yountville,
      Calistoga, St Helena and Windsor. Marin county also but not very
      often.
      Salary DOE, minimum $20/hr. Must be legally able to work in
      the US. Spanish and/or French speaking a plus. Medical benefits
      after a 6 month review, also travel possibilities.
      Please send resume, letter or any other
      qualifications to us via email info@...
      or call us at 707-996-2550.