Cultural Diversity, Literature, 'Les Dynamiques', YEI'08

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      Cultural Diversity, Literature, 'Les Dynamiques', YEI'08

      1. Fr Oct 5 7:30pm "French Language and Cultural Diversity"
      2. We Oct 10 7pm Literature SIG Arnaud Cathrine Free Lecture
      3. Th Oct 11 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      4. Until November 30th, YEI'08 : Young Entrepreneurs Initiative
      5. Jobs

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others. Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      Fr October 5 7:30pm "French Language and Cultural Diversity"
      "Le Français, Les autres langues et la diversité culturelle"
      By Jean Harzic.
      Free Lecture
      ADOBE LODGE on the SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY campus.

      Wed Oct 10 7pm Arnaud Cathrine Free Lecture
      Arnaud Cathrine is the author of 15 novels, half of them for
      children.
      He studied French and English Literature, and wrote his first novel,
      Les Yeux secs, in 1998. Arnaud Cathrine's literary work explores
      many themes with a delicate pen: he mainly writes on the familial
      wounds (abandonment, loss, mourning and solitude) of young
      characters impatient to live and love. His latest novel, La
      Disparition de Richard Taylor, was released by Editions Verticales
      in January 2007.
      Among his other many activities, Arnaud Cathrine also works for the
      cinema.
      San José State University
      Department of Foreign Languages
      Clark Hall 206
      One Washington Square, San José, CA 95192

      Th Oct 11 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Open Meeting
      *Attention- New Venue For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting
      *in a larger room with Happy Hour Specials
      *from 6:30-7pm and 10-11:30pm.
      * Restaurant T.G.I.F. 18h30->23h30
      * 10343 N. Wolfe Rd.
      * Cupertino, CA 95014
      * 408 257 2050
      http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?01900

      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for French and Francophiles to exchange ideas,
      tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,
      housings, jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips,
      etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people
      and with each of your local communities as they work to build
      stronger communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop
      relationship among people with the same Franco-international
      affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover
      charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required but appreciated
      at
      http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/267153/

      Until November 30th YEI'08 : Young Entrepreneurs Initiative
      Launched by the Office for Science and Technology of the
      French Embassy in the United States, this initiative provides young
      U.S.-based entrepreneurs the unique and exciting opportunity to
      pursue their project to create an innovative company in France.
      Young entrepreneurs selected to participate in this program will
      benefit from a `one stop shop' service offer, with full support to
      help set up business in France:
      A personalized mentoring program to help build networks in France
      Direct access to a privileged network of successful entrepreneurs,
      partners, experts, business and technology clusters, seed funding
      etc.
      Our long term objective is to develop partnerships with American
      universities and top innovation centers, focusing on
      high-technology entrepreneurs who seek transatlantic growth.
      CALL FOR PROJECTS 2008
      The new YEI call for projects is now open, until November 30th.
      If you are based in North America, considering or currently
      setting up a technology venture, and if you want
      to internationalize at an early stage, you should Apply at:
      http://www.france-science.org/innovation/yei/home.html
      Sébastien Dagault Project Manager - Young Entrepreneurs Initiative
      Office for Science and Technology of the French Embassy
      @ the Cambridge Innovation Center
      + 1 617 401 24 50
      sebastien.dagault@...

      Jobs
      I am looking for the French tutor for my 9 y.o.
      daughter. Twice a week, Monday and Wednesday after 3:00 PM.
      Please call me at my cell: (408) 394-2256 or
      e-mail me at havasupai3@gmail. com

      We are an American family with French ties living in Palo Alto
      seeking a French-speaking nanny or au pair to help take care of
      our children. We have three children -- 3 months, 3 years, and
      5 years -- but one of us is usually home to care for the baby, so the
      nanny/au pair is to help care for the other two. We are setup for an
      au pair arrangement and have a private room for the au pair along
      with a car. We cook our own meals and will cook for the au pair if
      he/she were to stay with us. It pays $225 per week (we provide
      room and board on top of this) and would be an arrangement for as
      long as six months if you so desire. If you are living locally and
      prefer not to live with us (although we are friendly!), we welcome
      this help as well and can discuss details depending on your
      availability.
      If interested, please email me (Greg) at ghgilbert@....

      We are a 1/2 French and 1/2 American family living in downtown
      Palo Alto, and are looking for a French-speaking nanny to take care
      of our two children, currently 2 1/2 years old and 3 months old.
      The job would be for 4 afternoons a week, from 1:15pm to 5:15pm.
      We would prefer someone with experience and maturity (say 30 years
      old or more).
      If interested, please call Michel at 650-799-3192.

      LamyLudo's group is a benefit-all community offering activities,
      resources and services for Francophiles.
      Our mission is :
      Bonding, Bridging, Connecting, Helping, Networking, Sharing
      With Francophile Communities.
      The worldwide largest Francophile Cultures & Community Yahoo Group.