Biotech,Poseidon,Archimedes,Salsa,Music,Vatel,SES,Google Dance

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      Biotech,Poseidon,Archimedes,Salsa,Music,Vatel,SES,Google Dance

      1. We Aug 2 2:30pm Francophile Biotech SIG Event
      2. We Aug 2 8-10pm Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG Free Screening
      3. Th-Fr Aug 2-3 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      4. Th Aug 3 7- 8:30pm Francophile Sciences SIG Free Talk
      5. Su Aug 6 2pm Francophile Outdoor Music SIG Free Concert
      6. Mo Aug 7 7pm Francophile Film SIG Free Film and Discussion
      7. Tu-We Aug 8-9 9am-5pm Francophile Search SES SIG Free Expo
      8. Tu August 8 7-11pm Francophile Google Dance SIG Free Party

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others. Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Aug 2 2:30pm Francophile Biotech SIG Event
      San Jose BioCenter Open House Tours
      This is an opportunity for anyone interested in the SJBC to
      tour the facility and meet the management and some of the
      clients of the SJBC. Please RSVP and briefly introduce yourself
      at events@... so that we can adjust the visit to
      your needs. Cost Free of charge
      Information http://www.sjbiocenter.com/index.html
      5941 Optical Court San Jose, CA- 95138

      We Aug 2 8-10pm Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG Free Screening
      The Poseidon Adventure (1972) PG
      The original disaster flick, watch as the passengers on a ship
      struggle to survive as their ocean liner is flipped over by a tidal
      wave.
      After playing to standing-room-only crowds last summer,
      Cinema San Pedro is Back! once again bringing the big screen
      outdoors with its Free film series. Not just an outdoor screening...
      It's an event! All Wednesdays, June, July and August.
      The movie screen is located on San Pedro Street, San Jose next to
      the parking garage. Free parking is available after 6:00 p.m. in the
      lighted, multi-level city lot located on San Pedro St. Enter the lot
      from Market St. between Santa Clara and St. John streets.
      Short films will be announced at each screening.
      Unwind by taking off your shoes, kicking back in your favorite lawn
      chair with a drink and watching a great flick under the stars. On top
      of classic movies, Cinema San Pedro provides Maverick short films
      and uniquely themed entertainment each evening.
      Wednesday, August 9 – Galaxy Quest (1999) PG
      Wednesday, August 16 – Ghostbusters (1984) PG

      Th-Fr Aug 2-3 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the Francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th Aug 3 7- 8:30pm Francophile Sciences SIG Free Talk
      'Archimedes: Ancient Text Revealed with X-ray Vision' by Uwe
      Bergmann, Physicist, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
      http://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/course/EVT138.asp
      Lawn outside Cantor Arts Center Stanford, CA, 94030
      Dr. Bergmann's research interests focus on the development and
      application of novel synchrotron based x-ray techniques (the nam
      given to x-rays or light produced by electrons circulating in a
      storage ring at nearly the speed of light). These extremely bright
      x-rays are being used at SLAC to investigate various forms of
      matter ranging from things at atomic levels to man-made materials
      with unusual properties, including, in this case, ancient texts!

      Su Aug 6 2pm Francophile Outdoor Music SIG Free Concert
      Grammy Award-winning Spanish Harlem Orchestra brings the best
      of salsa to the Grove. Assembled by the world famous pianist and
      arranger Oscar Hernández, the Spanish Harlem Orchestra makes a
      bold new case for pure salsa in an age of hybridized forms.
      The dazzling blend of driving ska rhythms and Cuban harmonies
      from Ska Cubano will provide the perfect opening to the concert.
      Join us this summer and experience the new Stern Grove!
      Since 1938, Stern Grove Festival has been the Bay Area's home for the
      best performing arts in a beautiful outdoor setting, completely
      admission-free. And now, after a $15 million renovation, Stern Grove
      is more beautiful than ever.
      The new Stern Grove features: new stage, retractable canopy, terraced
      concert meadow, pathways, restrooms, patron amenities, new
      infrastructure, new landscaping
      Stern Grove :: 19th Avenue & Sloat Blvd :: San Francisco
      http://www.sterngrove.org/concerts.php

      Mo Aug 7 7pm Francophile Film SIG Free Film and Discussion
      Vatel (2000)
      The steward Vatel frenetically prepares for Louis XIV's arrival at a
      country chateau in Roland Joffe's charmer.
      Featuring post-film discussions led by Stanford faculty and the SST
      company. Cubberley Auditorium (School of Education) Stanford
      http://www.stanford.edu/group/summertheater/schedule.html

      Tu-We Aug 8-9 9am-5pm Francophile Search SES SIG Free Expo
      Search Engine Strategies SES 2006 Conference & Expo
      Expo Free by online registration at :
      http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/sew/summer06/registration.html
      https://webprod1.accureg.com/sessu06_prod/webmain/RegLookup.asp
      San Jose McEnery Convention Center
      150 West San Carlos St., San Jose, CA 95113
      The SES San Jose'05 event that was another record setter! Huge
      crowds packed the session rooms and expo floor from wire-to-
      wire. The Search industry keeps growing and evolving at a
      dizzying pace. Jump on board now before it is too late.

      Tu Aug 8 7-11pm Francophile Google Dance SIG Free Party
      Come party the night away at the Google Dance at SES San Jose.
      Party Free by online registration at : http://services.google.com/events/ses2006_rsvp
      http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/sew/summer06/
      Google 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA, 94043
      Can you believe that it´s the fifth annual Google Dance? We
      host this event every year to show you, the loyal SES attendee,
      our appreciation. The theme for the event is "Google Labs," so
      bring your lab coat if you have one and stop by for goodies,
      great food and drinks. You´ll get into the swing of things in
      Club G, where you´ll be able to listen to cool sounds coming
      from our own Google DJ´s, as well as enjoy some live music.
      We think you´ll have fun in the Google Labs technology
      playground area, where you´ll be able to meet people who work
      on our products, and test drive our latest creations. If you´re
      lucky, you may even get to play with a robot or two.
      Transportation:We´re providing designated drivers (buses) for
      all registered SES attendees. The buses will depart from the
      front of the San Jose Convention Center beginning at 6:30pm.
      Parking: If you're driving, please note that you will need to park
      your car at the Shoreline Amphitheatre parking lot. Buses will
      continuously run between the Shoreline parking lot and the
      Google campus.
      **To get on any bus (or in the door), you will need your
      SES badge, a printout of your RSVP confirmation, and a photo ID.
      One attendee per invitation, please.

      Playing at your Neighborhood Theatres
      'Russian Dolls' (Les Poupees Russes) by Cédric Klapisch
      Five years after his return from Barcelona, charismatic Frenchman
      Xavier (the hero of L'Auberge Espagnole) is hopping back and forth
      between Paris, London and St. Petersburg, as he confronts money
      problems, creative challenges and his ever-turbulent love life in the
      quest for the perfect life with the perfect woman.
      Romain Duris, Cécile de France, Audrey Tautou, Zenedine Soualem
      and Aïssa Maïga