Volleyball,Tango,Dirty Harry,Salsa,Shrek,Cyrano,Concert,Jazz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2005
      Volleyball,Tango,Dirty Harry,Salsa,Shrek,Cyrano,Concert,Jazz

      1. We Aug 3 7pm Francophile Volleyball Special Interest Group
      2. We Aug 3 7-10pm Francophile Tango SIG Free Summer Praticas
      3. We Aug 3 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      4. We Aug 3 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      5. Th-Fr Aug 4-5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      6. Fr Aug 5 8:45ish Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      7. Sat-Sun 4pm Francophile Theatre SIG Free Cyrano de Bergerac
      8. Su Aug 7 2pm Francophile Music SIG Free Concert
      9. Tu Aug 9 6-9pm Free Francophile Outdoor Music SIG

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others. Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Aug 3 7pm Francophile Volleyball Special Interest Group
      at Oakwood Apartments. 700 Saratoga Ave, San Jose CA 95129
      (Please enter through the car entrance gate on Blackford Avenue).
      Should you need further directions, please send an e-mail to:
      Alexis aaltazin@...
      Alexis will try to be at the car entrance gate between 7-7:30pm
      Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone interested.

      We Aug 3 7-10pm Francophile Tango SIG Free Summer Praticas
      Practice is crucial to improving and maintaining your Argentine
      tango dancing skills. They are the perfect place for dancers of all
      levels to refine your basic technique. That's why the Stanford Tango
      Club is holding... Free Summer Praticas Every Wednesday*
      Much thanks to your host, Alex!
      Stanford Campus Becthel International Center Assembly Room
      422 Lagunita Drive - on the corner of Lomita Dr. & Mayfield Dr.
      *Last practica is on Sept 21. No practica on Aug 31 and Sept 7.
      http://www.stanford.edu/group/tango/

      We Aug 3 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      Dirty Harry (1971) R Clint Eastwood is the cop of all tough cops
      when he's on the prowl to find a serial killer who is terrorizing San
      Francisco. The fact that this film was shot almost entirely in the Bay
      Area makes it extra fun.
      After playing to standing-room-only crowds last summer,
      Cinema San Pedro is Back! once again bringing the big screen
      outdoors with its Free film series. Not just an outdoor screening...
      It's an event! All Wednesdays, June, July and August.
      Concessions are available starting at 7:30 p.m., pre-show begins at
      8pm and the films begin at dusk.
      Short films will be announced at each screening.
      In the event of rain, that evening's screening will be cancelled.
      In the past, we had Klingons, gorillas, Kung fu masters, a killer
      rabbit, comedians and a bevy of high-jinx that often involved
      people walking away with cool prizes. These are not your run-of
      the-mill outdoor screenings.
      Unwind by taking off your shoes, kicking back in your favorite lawn
      chair with a drink and watching a great flick under the stars. On top
      of classic movies, Cinema San Pedro provides Maverick short films
      and uniquely themed entertainment each evening.
      Free Parking is available after 6:00 p.m. in the city parking
      Wednesday, August 10 - Moonstruck (1987) PG

      We Aug 3 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Ask Ludo for a free pass when you see him.
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th-Fr Aug 4-5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the Francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Directions and more info: http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thurdays Cost: Free, Beginner-Intermediate 7-9pm
      Fridays Cost: Free, Intermediate: 7-9pm
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Fr Aug 5 8:45ish Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      Movie Nights on Main Street- This weeks movie, Chicago, the
      Smash hit movie based on the Bob Fosse musical about Roxie Hart,
      a married chorus girl with hopes of being a headliner in Vaudeville
      and Velma Kelly a former headliner. They find themselves competing
      for not only the press' attention, but also the focus of their shared
      lawyer, the suave Billy Flynn. Main Street, Downtown Los Altos.
      Aug 5 Shrek Aug 12 E.T. Aug 19 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
      Factory Aug 26 Shall We Dance

      Sat-Sun 4pm Francophile Theatre SIG Free Cyrano de Bergerac
      Runs Sat-Sun 4pm Through Sept 5. In its annual offering of
      free outdoor summer theater, Shotgun Players presents Edmond
      Rostand's swashbuckling poet-hero Cyrano de Bergerac wielding
      Rapier and pen with equal facility, while cocking his infamous snoot
      at all worldly authority and compromise. Alive with
      wit and lyricism in Charles Marowitz's able translation, and graced
      by Dina Maccabee's viola-and-percussion accompaniment, director
      Joanie McBrien's production is enjoyable in many of its essential
      parts (including some well-rehearsed swordplay). The play's comedy shine brightly, especially among the principal triangle formed by the homely Cyrano, his secret love, Roxane, and her handsome lover, Christian.
      John Hinkel Park, Southampton Ave off Arlington, Berkeley
      http://www.shotgunplayers.org/well.cfm

      Sundays 2pm June 19-August 21 Francophile Music SIG Free Concerts
      August 7 WALDEMAR BASTOS Maria de Barros
      Featuring Carol Vaness, Rod Gilfry and friends
      Join us this summer and experience the new Stern Grove!
      Since 1938, Stern Grove Festival has been the Bay Area's home for the
      best performing arts in a beautiful outdoor setting, completely
      admission-free. And now, after a $15 million renovation, Stern Grove
      is more beautiful than ever.
      The new Stern Grove features: new stage, retractable canopy, terraced
      concert meadow, pathways, restrooms, patron amenities, new
      infrastructure, new landscaping
      Stern Grove :: 19th Avenue & Sloat Blvd :: San Francisco
      August 14 Beausoleil Avec Michael Doucet Dirty Dozen Brass Band

      Tu Aug 9 6-9pm Free Francophile Outdoor Music SIG
      This summer Santana Row is pleased to announce a Tuesday night
      summer jazz series in conjunction with the San Jose Jazz Society.
      Every Tuesday beginning on Tuesday, June 14, and continuing each
      Tuesday through October, from 6-9 p.m., live jazz concerts will be
      performed in Park Valencia, Santana Row, San Jose