Volleyball,Tango,Eve,Salsa,Concert,Jazz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      Volleyball,Tango,Eve,Salsa,Concert,Jazz

      1. We July 6 7pm Francophile Volleyball Special Interest Group
      2. We July 6 7-10pm Francophile Tango SIG Free Summer Praticas
      3. We July 6 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      4. We July 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      5. Th-Fr July 7-8 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      6. Su July 10 2pm Francophile Music SIG Free Concerts
      7. Tu July 12 6-9pm Free Francophile Outdoor Music SIG
      8. Movie Opening

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others. Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We July 6 7pm Francophile Volleyball Special Interest Group
      at Oakwood Apartments. 700 Saratoga Ave, San Jose CA 95129
      (Please enter through the car entrance gate on Blackford Avenue).
      Should you need further directions, please send an e-mail to:
      Alexis aaltazin@...
      Alexis will try to be at the car entrance gate between 7-7:30pm
      Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone interested.

      We July 6 7-10pm Francophile Tango SIG Free Summer Praticas
      Practice is crucial to improving and maintaining your Argentine
      tango dancing skills. They are the perfect place for dancers of all
      levels to refine your basic technique. That's why the Stanford Tango
      Club is holding... Free Summer Praticas Every Wednesday*
      Much thanks to your host, Alex!
      Stanford Campus Becthel International Center Assembly Room
      422 Lagunita Drive - on the corner of Lomita Dr. & Mayfield Dr.
      *Last practica is on Sept 21. No practica on Aug 31 and Sept 7.
      http://www.stanford.edu/group/tango/

      We July 6 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      All About Eve (1950) G Fasten your seat belts. it's going to be a nigh
      not to miss. See this Bette Davis masterpiece with a group of people,
      and you'll realize just how funny it is. Also stars Anne Baxter, Marilyn Monroe and other great actors from classic Hollywood.
      After playing to standing-room-only crowds last summer,
      Cinema San Pedro is Back! once again bringing the big screen
      outdoors with its Free film series. Not just an outdoor screening...
      It's an event! All Wednesdays, June, July and August.
      Concessions are available starting at 7:30 p.m., pre-show begins at
      8pm and the films begin at dusk.
      Short films will be announced at each screening.
      In the event of rain, that evening's screening will be cancelled.
      In the past, we had Klingons, gorillas, Kung fu masters, a killer
      rabbit, comedians and a bevy of high-jinx that often involved
      people walking away with cool prizes. These are not your run-of
      the-mill outdoor screenings.
      Unwind by taking off your shoes, kicking back in your favorite lawn
      chair with a drink and watching a great flick under the stars. On top
      of classic movies, Cinema San Pedro provides Maverick short films
      and uniquely themed entertainment each evening.
      Wednesday, July 13 - Animal House (1978) R

      We July 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Ask Ludo for a free pass when you see him.
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th-Fr July7-8 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the Francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Directions and more info: http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thurdays Cost: Free, Beginner-Intermediate 7-9pm
      Fridays Cost: Free, Intermediate: 7-9pm
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Sundays 2pm June 19-August 21 Francophile Music SIG Free Concerts
      July 10 KHALED, "King of Rai", Don Was, Elan Attias,
      Cheb i Sabbah, Walfredo Reyes, Jr. and special guests
      Join us this summer and experience the new Stern Grove!
      Since 1938, Stern Grove Festival has been the Bay Area's home for the
      best performing arts in a beautiful outdoor setting, completely
      admission-free. And now, after a $15 million renovation, Stern Grove
      is more beautiful than ever. The new Stern Grove features: new stage,
      retractable canopy, terraced concert meadow, pathways, restrooms,
      patron amenities, new infrastructure, new landscaping
      Stern Grove :: 19th Avenue & Sloat Blvd :: San Francisco
      July 17 LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO
      Linda Tillery and the Cultural Heritage Choir
      July 24 The Funk Brothers Broun Fellinis

      Tu July 12 6-9pm Free Francophile Outdoor Music SIG
      This summer Santana Row is pleased to announce a Tuesday night
      summer jazz series in conjunction with the San Jose Jazz Society.
      Every Tuesday beginning on Tuesday, June 14, and continuing each
      Tuesday through October, from 6-9 p.m., live jazz concerts will be
      performed in Park Valencia, Santana Row, San Jose

      Movie Opening
      The Beat That My Heart Skipped Directed by Jacques Audiard
      ("Read My Lips"). Starring Romain Duris, Aure Atika and Niels
      Arestrup. Based on James Toback cult 1978 noir "Fingers" is this
      character study about a young man torn between a life of crime and
      classical music. 28-year-old Tom seems destined to follow in his
      father footsteps as a Parisian property shark, but a chance encounter
      with his late mother music agent rekindles a desire for a
      musical career and hope for a better life. "Duris' standout performance and a terrific score give this moody, furtive drama an unmistakable vitality."--Hollywood Reporter. French, with English subtitles.

      5x2 (2004) By François Ozon
      Cast: Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi, Stéphane Freiss, Géraldine Pailhas,
      Françoise Fabian, Michael Lonsdale, Antoine Chappey
      Acclaimed director François Ozon (Swimming Pool, 8 Women,
      Under the Sand) portrays the relationship of a couple in five scenes,
      shown in reverse order. Starting with the divorce, the story
      progressesto the couple's first meeting, revealing secrets of their
      charactersalong the way. Valéria Bruni-Tedeschi,Stéphane Freiss both
      give subtle, convincing performances. 5x2 is powerfully passionate
      and sexy, with quietly intimate moments; it is both disturbing and
      sympathetic, and tender and cruel. Despite an undercurrent of
      sadness, there is the sense that even if a relationship ends in pain
      the earlier happiness was still real. (Fully subtitled)
      San Francisco Lumiere Theatre, San Francisco East Bay Act 1 & 2

      A Tout de Suite (2004)By Benoît Jacquot
      Acclaimed French director Benoît Jacquot's (Sade, A Single Girl)
      highly anticipated new film is a stylish, erotically charged thriller
      reminiscent of the New Wave films of the 1960s. Based on actual
      events, it tells the story of sexy, free-spirited Lili
      a Parisian art student who falls for a charismatic bank robber
      Ouassini Embarek) and joins him on the run—a dizzying cross
      continent escape through Spain, Morocco and Greece—when a
      sudden betrayal leaves her stranded in the middle of nowhere.
      Visually stunning, the film is a mesmerizing account of one woman's
      breathtaking journey of self-discovery.