Du poil,The Moon,Salsa, Art,LesDynamiques,Nanny Job

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005
      Du poil,The Moon,Salsa, Art,LesDynamiques,Nanny Job

      1. We Feb 2 6PM Du poil sous les roses by J-J Chervier/Agnès Obadia
      2. We Feb 2 7:30pm Free FrancoJapanese SIG Movie Screening
      3. We Feb 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm.
      4. Th-Fr Feb 3-4 7-9pm Francophiles Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5. Tuesdays Feb 8-April 3 Free Francophiles Art SIG
      6. Th Feb 10 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      7. Nanny Job

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others.Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Feb 2 6PM Du poil sous les roses by J-J Chervier/Agnès Obadia
      Hair Under The Roses is the curiously titled story of Roudoudou and
      Romain. Two French teenagers trying to understand the world and
      how they and their sexuality fits into it. They meet in the waiting
      room of a psychiatrist's office, both judged to have problems that
      make them not normal. The two writers are supposed to have written
      half the film and one character each, but in real terms the film is
      about Roudoudou, with the section on Romain seeming to be shorter
      and to come back round to his relation with Roudoudou quick enough.
      In French, engl. subtitles , $6 suggested donation. $3 for members
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Feb 2 7:30pm Free FrancoJapanese SIG Movie Screening
      This winter quarter, a rare and beautiful treat is coming to Cubberley
      Auditorium Stanford Campus on Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm.
      Asian Languages will be sponsoring a Tanaka Kinuyo film series
      of 8 movies, free of charge and open to the general public. These
      are masterpieces of Japanese cinema, many of them never before
      screened outside of Japan, and you may never have another chance
      to see these again. All 35mm prints with English subtitles, these
      incredible films will be accessible to all movie-lovers.
      The following films will be shown, starting on
      January 12th and on every following Wednesday: The Moon Has Risen,
      Flowing, Red Beard, and Sandakan 8.
      The film series is a must-see for all; the movies are outstanding on
      an international level, directed by superb directors, showcasing
      world-class performances by remarkable actors, especially Tanaka
      Kinuyo. It is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of
      these movies since they are so rarely screened outside of Japan,
      and a shame to miss it as they are all movies of such incredible
      caliber, with some of the best actors and directors that world
      cinema has to offer.
      For more detailed information on Tanaka Kinuyo and her films.
      http://www.stanford.edu/dept/asianlang/events/film/
      School Of Education (Incl. Cubberley Audit.)
      485 Lasuen Mall Stanford

      We Feb 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm.
      Ask Ludo for a free pass when you see him.
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th-Fr Feb 3-4 7-9pm Francophiles Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thurdays Cost: Free, Beginner-Intermediate 7-9:00pm
      Fridays Cost: Free, Intermediate: 7:30-9:00pm
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Tuesdays Feb 8-April 3 Free Francophiles Art SIG
      "Bonjour Monsieur Courbet!: The Bruyas Collection from the
      Musée Fabre, Montpellier." A collection of French masterworks..
      California Palace of the Legion of Honor Lincoln Park
      (near 34th Ave and Clement); 863-3330.

      Th Feb 10 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      *Attention- New Location For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting in a larger
      room with Happy Hour Specials and half price appetizers before 8pm.
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Exit 101 Fwy. at Bowers at the corner of Augustine
      Phone: 408-727-4426
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for Francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and
      contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with
      each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same Franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required.

      Looking for a French speaking nanny.
      Merci d'avance,
      Michel Del Buono, Ph.D. Phone: (408) 441-8400
      mdelbuono@...