Jean-Paul Rappeneau,CyranodeBergerac,Mathilde,Salsa,Nanny,Housing

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Jean-Paul Rappeneau,CyranodeBergerac,Mathilde,Salsa,Nanny,Housing

      1. We Nov 3 6-9 p.m., Free Screening of Cyrano de Bergerac
      2. We Nov 3 6PM Faut-il aimer Mathilde by Edwin BAILY
      3. We Nov 3 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      3. Th-Fr Nov 4-5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      4. Th Nov 11 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others.Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Nov 3 6-9 p.m., Free Screening of Cyrano de Bergerac
      followed by a discussion with film director Jean-Paul Rappeneau
      Cubberley Auditorium. Stanford University.CA
      Co-sponsored by Unifrance and the French Minister of Foreign Affairs,
      as part of their series "On Set With French Cinema"
      (http://www.onsetwithfrenchcinema.com); and
      by the Department of French and Italian.
      http://dlcl.stanford.edu/research/frenchfilm.html
      http://campus-map.stanford.edu/campus_map/index.jsp
      Screening in French with English subtitles.

      Wed Nov 3 6PM Faut-il aimer Mathilde by Edwin BAILY
      Mathilde has had a number of children, but is still an attractive woman.
      One day her husband simply picks up and leaves without any
      explanation whatever. At about the same time, she is involved at an
      accident at her workplace which makes her strongly aware of the
      passage of time. Can she once more know the love of a man?
      In French with subtitles , $6 suggested donation. $3 for members
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Nov 3 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th-Fr Nov 4-5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thurdays Cost: Free: Beginner-Intermediate 7-9:00pm
      Fridays Cost: Free Intermediate: 7:30-9:00pm
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th Nov 11 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      *Attention- New Location For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting in a larger
      room with Happy Hour Specials and half price appetizers before 8pm.
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Exit 101 Fwy. at Bowers at the corner of Augustine
      Phone: 408-727-4426
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for Francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with
      each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same Franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required.

      We are looking for a French Speaking Nanny for our 2 year old son, in
      Portola Valley. In addition to caring for the toddler, other
      responsibilities would include:
      - after-school pick-up of two older (5 and 8) brothers in Sunnyvale and
      taking them to their after-school activities - light housekeeping
      aroundthe house- errands- supervising homework for 8 year old
      - preparing dinner
      Care would be for 3 1/2 days a week. Ideally from Mon to Thurs (Mon
      3:30-6:30, Tue, Wed and Thu 8-6pm) but some flexibility exists.
      Requirements:5 years + of nanny experience,French speaking,
      Clean CDL,Own car,References
      Contact: annemarie.brest@...

      Charming furnished room with bath for rent in south Palo Alto, 12
      minutes to Stanford University. Available November 1st, ideally for 6
      months or longer.Easy access to 101 and 280 as well as many
      biking/hiking trails. Close to San Antonio and Trader Joe's or 10 min
      from Stanford Shopping center.The room is in a large 3 bedroom,
      3 bathroom townhouse and has wireless DSL, TV and radio as well
      as a small sun filled terrace outside; it is in a housing area which
      ncludes a tennis court, swimming pool and hot tub and sauna.Easy
      parking, safe area to walk at night.Kitchen priviliges, washer, dryer;
      Stanford or other university connections preferred - $625 a month.
      email angelikab@... for more details or come see the
      room and call 650.906.5542pictures are available.