Salsa, Red Lights, Nanny, Translator Needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      Salsa, Red Lights, Nanny, Translator Needed

      1. We Oct 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      2. Th Oct 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      3. Th Oct 14 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      4. Movie
      5. Classifieds

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others.Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Oct 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      We Sept 29 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th Oct 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thursdays Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th Oct 14 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      *Attention- New Location For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting in a larger
      room with Happy Hour Specials and half price appetizers before 8pm.
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Exit 101 Fwy. at Bowers at the corner of Augustine
      Phone: 408-727-4426
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for Francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with
      each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same Franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required.

      Coming up in your neighborhood theatres
      RED LIGHTS
      Directed by Cedric Kahn. Starring Jean-Pierre Darroussin and Carole
      Bouquet. Miserable husband Antoine -- bickering with his disinterested
      wife, Helene -- hits the bottle, even though they have to drive from
      Paris to the south of France. When he stops at a roadside bar for a drink,
      Helene makes good on her threat to take the train, and in the morning
      still hasn't arrived at their destination. "The script of this classy and
      clever thriller brings wit and imagination to a straightforward story,
      making for engrossing, brilliantly acted drama with well placed and
      nicely underplayed shocks. In French, with English subtitles.

      We seek a native French speaking caregiver to speak in French and play
      with 2 well-behaved and curious children, ages 6 and 7, once a week
      for 3-5 hours. Thursday or Friday would be ideal, some flexibility.
      Children are non-french speaking though have contact with French
      friends and travel in France. One child is entirely bilingual.
      Goal is to introduce children to French through helpful words,
      phrases, songs, recipies (baking projects), etc. Location would either
      be our homes in Palo Alto or on a 'field trip' to local farm,
      baylands, park, etc. Person should be creative, physically fit, and
      good at mimicry/charades. This person will not speak English with the
      children. Please contact Renata at stachura007-cl@...

      Translator needed
      I will need help with writing a French translation of a long technical
      (physics and astronomy) paper. I seek someone with talent in translating
      into French complex ideas originally expressed in English. Familiarity
      with modern French technical vocabulary is essential. Open to native
      French speaking persons only.
      Budget is $500 with up to $200 bonus for accuracy and expedience.
      Alexander Mayer amayer@...