BabElOued,Volley-ball,Outdoor Movie,Jazz,Dynamiques,Classifieds

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      BabElOued,Volley-ball,Outdoor Movie,Jazz,Dynamiques,Classifieds

      1. We Aug 04 6PM Bab-El Oued City by Merzak Allouache
      2. We Aug 04 8pm Francophile Volley-ball Special Interest Group
      3. We Aug 04 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      4. Wednesdays 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      5. Th Aug 5 Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      6. Aug 6-8 Francophiles Jazz SIG Free San Jose Jazz Festival
      7. Th Aug 12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      8. Nanny, French Friendly Housing, Movie Opening

      partnerships.It is written for your benefit, and is available to
      interested others.Feel free to share this with friends. Your
      submissions and feedback are welcome!

      We Aug 04 6PM Bab-El Oued City by Merzak Allouache
      Boualem is a young man who works the local bakery's graveyard
      shift in the Bab El-Oued district of Algiers. One morning, shortly
      after the bloody riots of October, 1988, he commits an unthinking
      act which jeopardizes the entire district.
      In French with English Subtitles, $6 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Aug 04 8pm Francophile Volley-ball Special Interest Group
      at Oakwood Apartments. 700 Saratoga Ave, San Jose CA 95129.
      (Please enter through the car entrance gate on Blackford Avenue).
      (Please park your car on Blackford Avenue or before the gates)
      Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone interested.
      Philippe Jansen < jansenp@... >
      cell: (408)674-0790

      We Aug 04 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      BUGALU SALSA DJ
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Wednesdays 8-10pm Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      After playing to standing-room-only crowds last summer,
      Santana Row's Picnic, Popcorn & Picture Show is once again
      bringing the big screen outdoors with its free film series. From
      May 19 through August 25, Santana Row will screen a different film
      every Wednesday night starting at sundown (approximately 8:30 PM)
      in Park Valencia, located off Olin Av at Winchester Blvrd. San Jose
      In the event of rain, that evening's screening will be cancelled.
      The schedule of films is as follows:
      Aug 4 Bringing Down the House Aug 11 A Fish Called Wanda

      Th Aug 5 Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy for the francophiles.
      We have free Salsa lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      Thursdays,Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Aug 6-8 Francophiles Jazz SIG Free San Jose Jazz Festival
      The San Jose Jazz Festival, with a culturally diverse audience of over
      150,000 people, is the largest free, outdoor jazz festival in the world.
      Once again, we bring the best in jazz to San Jose.
      Celebrating 15 years of bringing free jazz to the Bay Area, the
      Festival features hundreds of musicians on multiple stages
      devoted to Latin and salsa, big bands, blues, ensemble and
      straight ahead jazz, as well as fusion and world music. The
      Festival takes place in and around Plaza de Cesar Chavez in
      downtown San Jose, where more than 150,000 music lovers
      will gather for the weekend. From legends like
      Jimmy Heath to rising talents like Julian Lage and Taylor Eigsti, we
      celebrate jazz masters of all ages and styles.
      http://www.sanjosejazz.org/index.html

      Th Aug 12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      *Attention- New Location For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting in a larger
      room with Happy Hour Specials and half price appetizers before 8pm.
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Exit 101 Fwy. at Bowers at the corner of Augustine
      Phone: 408-727-4426
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for Francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings,
      jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with
      each of your local communities as they work to build stronger
      communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same Franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs not required.

      Looking for a part time French speaking nanny in Palo Alto:
      We are looking for somebody who speaks French to pick up our two
      children at school in Palo Alto every day every day of the week from
      Monday to Friday from 3 to 6.30pm and bring them back to their home
      in Palo Alto as well as participate in their after school activities.
      The children are 7 and 10 years old, a boy and a girl. We would like this
      person to be available through June 2005. SVP Contact
      Christine Paulen cpaulen@... ; phone 650 465 0540

      French Friendly Housing
      Spacious 2 bedroom condo for rent in San Jose. Gated complex w/ pool.
      Available August. 1200$ per month.
      For more information e-mail: mariaconsuelovargas@...

      Movie Opening
      Intimate Strangers
      Beautiful, shy and vulnerable, Anna (Sandrine Bonnaire) comes to a
      Paris apartment building for her first appointment with a psychiatrist.
      By mistake, she ends up in the office of tax advisor William (Fabrice
      Luchini). Before he realizes it, William is playing along with her
      misconception, listening to Anna's deepest secrets, learning of her
      marriage and her unfaithful husband. Even when the ruse is exposed,
      she continues to confide in him. A surprising bond of trust is formed,
      as Anna and William slowly change each other's lives. (Fully subtitled)
      Director: Patrice Leconte Cast: Sandrine Bonnaire, Fabrice Luchini,
      Michel Duchaussoy, Anne Brochet, Gilbert Melki, Laurent Gamelon
      Camera 7 Cinema , Albany, Clay