Germaine,Freethinker,Salsa,screenings

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2004
      Germaine,Freethinker,Salsa,Screenings

      1. We Mar 24 7pm Pleure pas Germaine by Alain de Halleux
      2. We Mar 24 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      3. We Mar 24 11am Francophile Freethinker Special Interest Group
      4. Th Mar 25 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5. Fr Mar 26 7pm A Chantal Akerman series screens the Belgian

      partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends. Your submissions and
      feedback are welcome!

      We Mar 24 7pm Pleure pas Germaine by Alain de Halleux
      A couple try to recover from the death of their daughter with
      a road trip to Spain.
      In French with English Subtitles, $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Mar 24 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      We March 24 11am Francophile Freethinker Special Interest Group
      Rally for Pledge of Allegiance Minus "Under God"
      Rally for the Pledge of Allegiance. Supporters of the separation of
      church and state will rally at the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in
      support of Michael Newdow and his legal challenge to remove the
      words "under God" from the pledge. The Supreme Court hearing,
      "Newdow v. U.S. Congress", begins March 24.
      Where: 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
      95 Seventh Street at Mission ,San Francisco, CA

      Th March 25 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Anne for the Francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com/index.html
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Fr Mar 26 7pm A Chantal Akerman series screens the Belgian feminist's
      The Captive (2000), a version of Proust about a jealous young man,
      his mistress, and his allergies 7 p.m. A woman takes two lovers
      (nocturnal & diurnal, Jack and Joseph) in Night and Day (1982) 9pm
      Pacific Film Archive 2575 Bancroft (at Bowditch), Berkeley,
      (510) 642-1124, www.bampfa.berkeley.edu. The East Bay mecca for
      film scholars, part of UC Berkeley's Art Museum, thrives at its
      on-campus location, up the steps on Bancroft between
      Telegraph Avenue and the Hearst Gym.