Lovers,Salsa,Les Dynamiques,Movies

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2004
      Lovers,Salsa,Les Dynamiques,Movies

      1. We Feb 4 7pm Lovers on the Bridge by Léos Carax
      2. We Feb 4 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      3. Th Feb 5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      4. Th Feb 12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting

      helping people find fulfillment in their lives, relationships, and partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends. Your submissions and
      feedback are welcome!

      We Feb 4 7pm Lovers on the Bridge by Léos Carax
      A Juliette Binoche series continues with Binoche as a homeless artist,
      one of two Lovers on the Bridge.
      In French with English Subtitles, $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Feb 4 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th Feb 5 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Anne for the Francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com/index.html
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th Feb12 6:30-11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      *Attention- New Location For 'Les Dynamiques' Meeting
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30 ->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Exit 101 Fwy. at Bowers at the corner of Augustine
      Phone: 408-727-4426
      Every second Thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings,
      housings, jobs, internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people
      and with eachof your local communities as they work to build
      stronger communities and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat. Attendance + 51.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs no required.
      Comme tous les 2emes jeudi du mois, les francophiles du monde se
      reunissent pour bavarder autour d'une table bien remplie (+51 personnes).
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30 ->23h
      2950 Lakeside Dr. Santa Clara CA, 95051
      Phone: 408-727-4426

      Movies
      Fr Feb 6 Jules Dassin's heist flick Rififi (France, 1955) 7, 9:15 p.m.
      Movie Palace Auction Sales Room, 2700 Saratoga (near West Red Line),
      Alameda, (510) 740-0220, www.auctionsbythebay.com. . Classic
      films in 35mm screen in a former U.S. Navy theater.

      To Be and to Have Veteran French documentarian Nicolas Philibert's
      To Be and to Have, a huge commercial success in France, unfolds in a
      series of scenes and scene fragments organized around the lessons given
      by a single teacher, the soft-spoken, superpatient, and soon-to-retire
      Georges Lopez, to a single roomful of children ranging in age from 3 to 11.
      Castro, Shattuck, Smith Rafael.

      Secret Things Jean-Claude Brisseau directs this erotic French thriller,
      the tale of two women who use their charms to climb the corporate and
      social ladder. California, Opera Plaza.