grand blond,Rear Window,Salsa,SanJoseJazzFestival,LesDynamiques

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003
      grand blond,Rear Window,Salsa,SanJoseJazzFestival,LesDynamiques

      1. We Aug 6 7pm “Le retour du grand blond” by Yves Robert 1974.
      2. We Aug 6 8pm Rear Window, Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      3. We Aug 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      4. Th Aug 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5. Aug 8-10 Francophiles Jazz SIG Free San Jose Jazz Festival
      6. Th Aug 14 630->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting Thursday,

      helping people find fulfillment in their lives, relationships, and partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends. Your submissions and
      feedback are welcome!

      We Aug 6 7pm “Le retour du grand blond” by Yves Robert 1974.
      Featuring: Pierre richard, Mireille Darc, Jean Carmet
      In French with English Subtitles. $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Aug 6 8pm Rear Window, Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      Free Movies & Entertainment on Santana Row
      Every Wednesday night during the summer starting Wednesday May
      14th, Santana Row will be showing an outdoor movie for FREE! There
      will also be a farmer's market at night during the summer and free
      entertainment (booked through Santana Row) before each movie. This
      can range from music to comedy and more.
      Bonus - you can bring your own alcohol and picnic! Also, bring a
      blanket if you want to sit on the grass or a chair (there is some provided
      seating but I'm sure it will go fast). The movie screen is right in front of
      Starbucks for you coffee lovers and by Maggiano's Little Italy which
      serves food and drinks. Most of the restaurants are doing some kind of a
      promotion on that night like 1/2 off a special appetizer or a $2 drink
      special at the places with alcohol.
      Entertainment starts at 7:00 & movie starts at 8:00.
      Here's the list of movies remaining:
      Aug 13th Blazing Saddles, Aug 20th High Fidelity

      We Aug 6 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th Aug 7 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Patricia or Bruno for the francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com/index.html
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112

      Aug 8-10 Francophiles Jazz SIG Free San Jose Jazz Festival
      The San Jose Jazz Festival, with a culturally diverse audience of over
      150,000 people, is the largest free, outdoor jazz festival in the world.
      Once again, we bring the best in jazz to San Jose.
      Celebrating 14 years of bringing free jazz to the Bay Area, the
      Festival features hundreds of musicians on multiple stages
      devoted to Latin and salsa, big bands, blues, ensemble and
      straight ahead jazz, as well as fusion and world music. The
      Festival takes place in and around Plaza de Cesar Chavez in
      downtown San Jose, where more than 150,000 music lovers
      will gather for the weekend. From legends like
      Jimmy Heath to rising talents like Julian Lage and Taylor Eigsti, we
      celebrate jazz masters of all ages and styles.
      Jazz Superstars Nnenna Freelon, Jimmy Heath, Cubanismo, Nester
      Torres, Yellowjackets, Greg Osby, Ledisi, and Ricardo Lemvo &
      Makina Loca are among the hundreds of fascinating local and
      national jazz musicians who will appear at the World’s Largest Free Jazz Festival.
      More info http://www.sanjosejazz.org/index.html

      Th Aug 14 630->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting Thursday,
      Every second thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings, jobs,
      internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with each
      of your local communities as they work to build stronger communities and
      strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat. Attendance + 56.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs no required.
      Comme tous les 2emes jeudi du mois, les francophiles du monde se
      reunissent pour bavarder autour d'une table bien remplie (+56 personnes).
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30 ->23h
      10330 North Wolfe Rd., ( between 280 Wolfe exit & Stevens Creek Blvd)
      Cupertino CA 95014-2508