Bovary,Double Indemnity, Salsa,Dynamiques, Bastille

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Bovary,Double Indemnity, Salsa,Dynamiques, Bastille

      1.We July 2 7pm “Madame Bovary” by Claude Chabrol
      2.We July 2 8pm Double Indemnity Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      3.We July 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      4.Th July 3 6:30-8pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5.Th July 10 630->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      6.Fr July 11 5pm-12am Free BASTILLE DAY 2003
      7.Francophile Housing

      helping people find fulfillment in their lives, relationships, and partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends. Your submissions and
      feedback are welcome!

      We July 2 7pm “Madame Bovary” by Claude Chabrol
      (Charles Bovary), Christophe Malavoy (Rodolphe Boulanger), Jean
      Yanne (M. Homais), Lucas Belvaux (Léon Dupuis), Jean-Louis
      Maury (M Lheureux), Florent Gibassier (Hippolyte)
      In 19th century France, the daughter of a country squire, Emma,
      marries a country doctor, Charles Bovary. All to soon, Emma grows
      bored with her husband and looks elsewhere for romance – first with
      a landowner, Rodolphe Boulanger, then with a law student,
      Léon Dupuis. Her extravagant tastes lead Emma to run up a huge debt.
      Determined to keep her folly from her husband, who still dotes on her,
      Madame Bovary turns to her former lovers for help
      In French with English Subtitles. $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We July 2 8pm Double Indemnity Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      Free Movies & Entertainment on Santana Row
      Every Wednesday night during the summer starting Wednesday May
      14th, Santana Row will be showing an outdoor movie for FREE! There
      will also be a farmer's market at night during the summer and free
      entertainment (booked through Santana Row) before each movie. This
      can range from music to comedy and more.
      Bonus - you can bring your own alcohol and picnic! Also, bring a
      blanket if you want to sit on the grass or a chair (there is some provided
      seating but I'm sure it will go fast). The movie screen is right in front of
      Starbucks for you coffee lovers and by Maggiano's Little Italy which
      serves food and drinks. Most of the restaurants are doing some kind of a
      promotion on that night like 1/2 off a special appetizer or a $2 drink
      special at the places with alcohol.
      Entertainment starts at 7:00 & movie starts at 8:00.
      Here's the list of movies remaining:
      July 9th Tootsie, July 16th Breakfast at Tiffany's

      We July 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th July 3 6:30-8pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Patricia or Bruno for the francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered at two locations this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Th July 10 6:30->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      Every second thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings, jobs,
      internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with each
      of your local communities as they work to build stronger communities
      and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat. Attendance + 56.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs no required.
      Comme tous les 2emes jeudi du mois, les francophiles du monde se
      reunissent pour bavarder autour d'une table bien remplie (+56 personnes).
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30 ->23h
      10330 North Wolfe Rd., ( between 280 Wolfe exit & Stevens Creek Blvd)
      Cupertino CA 95014-2508

      Friday July 11 5pm-12am Free BASTILLE DAY 2003
      Join Us to Celebrate BASTILLE DAY 2003 Free Admission
      JOIN US AT THE LAGOON for a variety of savory French treats,
      amusing activities, live entertainment and dancing featuring:
      - The Biggest BASTILLE Party in the SF Bay Area (Attendance +1789)
      - fIREWORKS dISPLAY oVER Lagoon
      - Studio S Can-Can Dancers
      - French Street Fair
      - Roundtrip Airfare To Paris And 5 nights Hotel
      - At closing time let's get together in the back of the lobby hotel bar.
      Hotel Sofitel 223 Twin Dolphin Dr.(101 exit Redwood Shores)
      Redwood City CA94063
      1.650.598.9000 http://www.hotelsofitelsfbay.com

      Available For Rent Starting August 1st
      All Furnished two bedrooms condominium (can also be used
      as a 1 BR and office) located in a very nice & friendly neighborhood,
      walking distance to Mountain View downtown and public
      transportation (Caltrain station and bus).
      Close and easy access to highways 101, 85, 280 and 237.
      The lease terms are for a period of 6 months to 12 months.
      Rent: $1,650 per month (includes cleaning services once a month)
      Deposit: 2 months rent Contact: Catherine, Cell: 650-575-1074
      Email : cathmaljournal@...
      Address : 123 Flynn Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043