Les misérables,Vertigo,Salsa,F&A,Swingers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Les misérables,Vertigo,Salsa,F&A,Swingers

      1.We June 4 7pm "Les misérables” by Claude Lelouch , 1995.
      2.We June 4 7pm Vertigo Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      3.Th-Fr June 5-6 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      4.Fri June 6 8:49pm F&A mingling,dancing,or dining PaloAlto
      5.Sat June 7 11am-2pm Francophile Swingers SIG Lindy in the Palms

      helping people find fulfillment in their lives, relationships, and partnerships.
      It is written for your benefit, and is available to interested others.
      Feel free to share this with friends. Your submissions and
      feedback are welcome!

      We June 4 7pm "Les misérables” by Claude Lelouch , 1995.
      Featuring: Jean-Paul Belmondo (Henri Fortin/Jean Valjean), Michel
      Boujenah (André Ziman), Alessandra Martines (Elise Ziman), Salome
      (La fille Ziman), Annie Girardot (Thénardière 1942), Philippe Léotard
      (Thénardier 1942), Clémentine Célarié (Catherine/Fantine), Philippe
      Khorsand (Le policier/Javert), Rufus (Thénardier 1830/1990), Nicole
      Croisille (Thénardière 1830/1990), Jean Marais (Mgr Myriel),
      Micheline Presle (Mother Superior), Darry Cowl (Libraire), Daniel
      oscan du Plantier (Le comte de Villeneuve). In autumn 1939, a young
      Jewish family are fleeing from the Nazis when they meet an ex-boxer
      (played by Jean-Paul Belmondo) who helps them to escape. This event
      inspires the ex-boxer to play an active part in the struggle against the
      Nazi occupation in the years that follow.
      In French with English Subtitles. $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We June 4 7pm Vertigo Free Francophile Outdoor Movie SIG
      Free Movies & Entertainment on Santana Row
      Every Wednesday night during the summer starting May 14,
      Santana Row will be showing an outdoor movie for FREE!
      There will also be a farmer's market at night during the summer
      and free entertainment (booked through Santana Row) before
      each movie. This can range from music to comedy and more.
      Bonus - you can bring your own alcohol and picnic! Also, bring
      a blanket if you want to sit on the grass or a chair (there is some
      provided seating but I'm sure it will go fast). The movie screen is
      right in front of Starbucks for you coffee lovers and by Maggiano's
      Little Italy which serves food and drinks. Most of the restaurants are
      doing some kind of a promotion on that night like 1/2 off a special
      appetizer or a $2 drink special at the places with alcohol.
      Entertainment starts at 7:00 & movie starts at 8:00.
      Here's the list of movies:
      June 11 Sixteen Candles , June 18th Shakespeare in Love

      Th-Fr June 5-6 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Patricia or Bruno for the francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered at two locations this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      http://www.jsmoothsalsa.com/index.html
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112
      FRIDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 6:30 - 7:30 ; Intermediate: 6:30 – 8pm
      CET (Center for Employment Training) Room 127 (Cafeteria)
      701 Vine St. San Jose, CA 95112
      Contact: Jimmy B 408-568-9547 jimmy@...

      Fri June 6 8:49pm F&A mingling,dancing,or dining PaloAlto
      JOIN US on the patio for a evening of
      dining, dancing, or mingling under the music of
      ' Uncle Melvin ' at Fanny & Alexander 412 Emerson St. Palo Alto
      http://www.fannyalexander.com (650) 326-7183
      No cover charge with dinner or before 9pm, $8.00 after 9pm
      >From 101 Take the University Avenue Exit.
      Turn RIGHT On to Emerson St.

      Sat June 7 11am-2pm Francophile Swingers SIG Lindy in the Palms
      That's right, Lindy the Palms is back! We'll be dancing outside in San Jose
      this Saturday! Come join us! You can also come and watch!
      Jeanne, Kevin and the gang.
      WHAT: Lindy in the Palms lesson and dance in SJ
      WHERE: Outside San Jose Museum of Art at Market & San Fernando St
      WHEN: Saturday Mar 22, 11am to 2pm.
      WEAR: Wear: light, comfortable casual clothes to dance in. Think layers. If
      you don't have dance shoes, you can wear shoes with a smooth, leather bottom or
      "tennis" shoes that have a smooth, level bottom.
      COST: FREE (donations of $3.00 is suggested)
      If you ever watched those old Gap commercials that had dancers wearing khakis
      leaping through the air with swing music in the background, that's Lindy Hop, a
      form of Swing dance. We won't be doing any flying aerials, but we will teach
      you the basics of Lindy Hop, so you can experience swing from the 1940's, when
      big bands were in, Frankie Manning was dancing in Harlem nightclubs and Dean
      Collins was twirling his partner Jewel McGowan on the big Hollywood screen.
      Come early to take the lesson and stay to dance. Beginners welcome! You can
      also watch southbay dancers "cut a rug" with this energetic dance!
      Michael Quebec will be teaching "Hollywood-style" Lindy-Hop, as well as basics
      in East-Coast Swing & "classic" Savoy-style. Beginners are encouraged and
      welcome! After the lesson, there will be general dancing. Michael and others
      will help out beginners if you have any questions. This is a friendly group
      you'll enjoy meeting!
      11am - 11:30am - Swing dance lesson (beginners welcome!)
      11:30am - 2pm - General dancing
      MORE INFO: Lindy in the Palms - Lindy in the Palms is a non-profit group,
      dedicated to spreading the love of Lindy Hop in the South Bay around San Jose.
      http://www.lindyinthepalms.com
      LOCATION: "Circle of Palms" in downtown San Jose at the cross streets Market
      and San Fernando. We are adjacent to the San Jose Museum of Art.