La fille de l' air ,Salsa, Les Miserables, Salsa, Swingers

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      La fille de l' air ,Salsa, Les Miserables, Salsa, Swingers

      1.We Mar 5 7pm "La fille de l' air" by Maroun Bagdadi
      2.We Mar 5 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      3.MARCH 5-23 Les Miserables
      4.Th Mar 6 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      5.Sat Mar 8 11am to 2pm Francophile Swingers SIG Lindy in the Palms

      We Mar 5 7pm "La fille de l' air" by Maroun Bagdadi, 1993, 103mn
      Featuring: Béatrice Dalle, Hippolite Girardot, Jean-Claude Dreyfus.
      Brigitte lives with her boyfriend, Daniel, who is on the run having
      escaped from prison for a series of armed robbery offences.
      Brigitte is a few months' from giving birth when the couple's
      home is raided by the police.
      At the time, Daniel is involved in a violent robbery which goes
      wrong – a policeman is killed and he is arrested.
      Both Daniel and Brigitte end up in prison, although Brigitte's
      sentenceis reduced to a few months.
      Daniel however must remain in prison for 18 years.
      Realizing that this will destroy her husband, Brigitte resolves to
      rescue him in a daring prison escape involving a helicopter.
      In French with English Subtitles. $5 suggested donation.
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Mar 5 8pm Join Us at Agenda Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Ask Ludo for a free pass when you see him.
      Ask Jeann Carlos the DJ for the Francophiles.
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      MARCH 5-23 Les Miserables
      FOR TICKET SPECIALS (Save $10 on Tickets to Les Miserables
      Mar 5-6 8pm, Mar 9 6:30pm )visit http://www.amtsj.org/tspec.htm.
      Around the globe, night after night, tens of thousands of people are
      swept away by the power, the passion and triumph of the human
      spirit that is Les Misérables. Based on Victor Hugo's epic novel,
      Les Misérables is the story of one man, the fugitive Jean Valjean,
      who is pitted against the cruel and self-righteous police inspector
      avert in a life-long struggle to evade capture. This stunning
      production has thrilled over 45 million people and won 50 theatre
      awards, including eight Tony Awards.
      Theatre Directions
      ALL SHOWS ARE HELD AT:
      The Center for the Performing Arts
      255 Almaden Blvd., San Jose, CA 95113
      CPA is on the corner of Park & Almaden.
      http://www.amtsj.org/dtheatre.htm

      Th Mar 6 7-9pm Francophile Salsa SIG Free Lessons
      Ask Jimmy, Magali, or Bruno for the francophiles.
      We have free lessons offered at two locations this week.
      Access the website for directions and more info.
      www.jsmoothsalsa.com
      THURSDAY Cost: Free
      Beginning: 7:00 - 7:50 ; Intermediate: 8:00 - 9:00
      Miraido Village Apt. Clubhouse
      550 N. 6th St. San Jose, CA 95112

      Sat Mar 8 11am to 2pm Francophile Swingers SIG Lindy in the Palms
      That's right, Lindy the Palms is back! We'll be dancing outside in
      San Jose this Saturday! Come join us! You can also come and watch!
      Jeanne, Kevin and the gang.
      Lindy in the Palms lesson and dance in SJ
      Outside San Jose Museum of Art at Market & San Fernando St
      Wear: light, comfortable casual clothes to dance in. Think layers.
      COST: FREE (donations of $3.00 is suggested)
      If you ever watched those old Gap commercials that had dancers
      wearing khakis leaping through the air with swing music in the
      background, that's Lindy Hop, aform of Swing dance. We won't be
      doing any flying aerials, but we will teach you the basics of Lindy Hop,
      so you can experience swing from the 1940's, whenbig bands were in,
      Frankie Manning was dancing in Harlem nightclubs and Dean
      Collins was twirling his partner Jewel McGowan on the big
      Hollywood screen. Come early to take the lesson and stay to dance.
      Beginners welcome! You can also watch southbay dancers "cut a rug"
      with this energetic dance!
      Michael Quebec will be teaching "Hollywood-style" Lindy-Hop, as
      well as basics in East-Coast Swing & "classic" Savoy-style. Beginners are
      encouraged and welcome! After the lesson, there will be general dancing.
      Michael and others will help out beginners if you have any questions.
      This is a friendly group you'll enjoy meeting!
      11am - 11:30am - Swing dance lesson (beginners welcome!)
      11:30am - 2pm - General dancing
      MORE INFO: http://www.lindyinthepalms.com
      LOCATION: "Circle of Palms" in downtown San Jose at the cross streets
      Market and San Fernando. We are adjacent to the San Jose Museum of Art.