Docteur Petiot,Salsa,In Praise Of Love,Les Dynamiques

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      1.We Oct 2 7pm Docteur Petiot by Christian de Chalonge
      2.We Oct 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      3.Th Oct 3 7:20 or 9:30pm In Praise Of Love by Jean-Luc Godard
      4.Th Oct 10 630->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      5.More at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LamyLudo/

      We Oct 2 7pm Docteur Petiot by Christian de Chalonge
      Featuring: Michel Serrault, Pierre Romans
      In French with English Subtitles. $5 suggested donation.
      This chilling, true historical drama follows the activities of one man,
      apparently motivated by greed and opportunism more than anything
      else. In France during the Nazi occupation, Dr. Petiot offered to help
      Jews escape the Nazis. They would come to his house, and he would
      kindly give them lethal "vaccinations" for their anticipated travel to
      Argentina. He would then steal everything the Jews brought with
      them and burn their bodies in his home-made crematorium. His
      crimes were discovered in 1944 when his overburdened furnace
      drew the attention of the authorities to him. He escaped capture for
      a time, but was tried and executed in 1946 for the murder of 27
      persons, though the actual count may have been much higher.
      This movie will be replayed on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 2:00pm
      Alliance Francaise of SF 1345 Bush St. Phone: 415 775-7755

      We Oct 2 8pm Join Us at Agenda Nights Salsa SIG Free before 8pm
      Ask Jian Carlos the DJ for the Francophiles.
      BUGALU SALSA DJ + Salsa Lessons @ 8pm: $7
      Agenda 399 South First Street San Jose http://www.agendalounge.com
      From I-280 take the Guadalupe Parkway North to Santa Clara St exit.
      Go right on Santa Clara to Market Street. Go right on Market Street
      to SanSalvador. Go left on San Salvador to the corner of South First
      St and East San Salvador. Info: 408-287-4087

      Th Oct 3 7:20 or 9:30pm In Praise Of Love by Jean-Luc Godard
      JOIN us for the screening of In Praise Of Love
      Mention LUDO'S GROUP and ask for a $5.5 discount Ticket
      Discussions Before and After Showing in the Cafe on site at
      Camera 3, 288 South Second St. San Jose 95113 -408 998-3300
      http://cameracinemas.com
      Legendary French director Jean-Luc Godard ("Breathless") returns
      to the existential, surreal world he mined in the 1960s with this
      film-within-a-film, shot in glorious black and white and color
      digital video. Discussions are taking place in Paris about a project
      titled Eloge de L'Amour, which deals with the four key moments
      of love--meeting, passion, separation, and reconciliation--as seen
      through the eyes of three generations of couples: young, adult an
      elderly. French, with English subtitles.

      Th Oct 10 630->11pm 'Les Dynamiques' Free Meeting
      Every second thursday of the month 'Les Dynamiques' provides
      a unique forum for francophiles to exchange ideas, tips, and contacts.
      -You will gather information about events, parties, outings, housings, jobs,
      internships, education, moving, living tips, etc.
      -You will receive help in getting connected with other people and with each
      of your local communities as they work to build stronger communities
      and strengthen community bonds.
      It is the best way to start new contacts and develop relationship
      among people with the same franco-international affinities.
      Everyone is welcome. Free discussions, gifts and no cover charge.
      Share a dinner, a drink, and a chat. Attendance + 56.
      Free and open to the public. RSVPs no required.
      Comme tous les 2emes jeudi du mois, les francophiles du monde se
      reunissent pour bavarder autour d'une table bien remplie (+56 personnes).
      Restaurant El Torito 18h30 ->23h
      10330 North Wolfe Rd., ( between 280 Wolfe exit & Stevens Creek Blvd)
      Cupertino CA 95014-2508