Lambeth Country Show - next weekend 19 - 20 July

  • Luke Evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2003
      Lambeth Country Show - 'South London's premier summer event'

      Next weekend, 19 - 20 July, Lambeth Cyclists will be running a stall at the Lambeth Country Show,  putting across our message, distributing maps and guides and talking to people.

      For the first time ever this year we will be running a best dressed bike competition where we will be providing facilities for children and adults to personalise their bikes by adding decorations, glitter, material etc etc for a bit of fun and to hopefully allow us to speak to different groups who might be turned off by the leaflets.

      We need your help to staff the stall over the Saturday and Sunday. Can you spare an hour or two? We are hoping to operate from 11 - 5 each day. If you can help please contact Olivia Christophersen at Olivia.Christophersen2@... with the times that you are free or reply to this email.

      In addition if you have fake fur, holographic/reflective paper and stickers, crepe paper, bamboo sticks, mini-windmills, adhesive, material, paint, marker pens etc etc lying about which you would be willing to donate for the best dressed bike please also contact us - it will go to a good home and make Lambeth's bikes better dressed!

      The show takes place in Brockwell Park, SW2 all weekend and is always great fun with a wide variety of exhibits, if you're passing its well worth a visit; come and say hello at the Lambeth Cyclists stall!

      The following Tuesday, 22 July, we have our regular meeting upstairs at the Bread and Roses pub, Clapham Manor Street, SW4, from 8:30 where we will have updates on the latest developments in cycling in Lambeth.

      See you next Saturday!