Meeting - Tues 25th March 2003

  • Lambeth Cyclists
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2003
      Friends,

      The next meeting is tomorrow evening, 8.30pm, Tuesday 25th March 2003
      at the usual place:

      2nd floor meeting room (note – one floor up from the usual room)
      The Bread & Roses pub
      68 Clapham Manor St
      London SW4

      At this meeting we'll be finalising events for Bike Week (14th -
      22nd June 2003), and for the AGM which is 22nd April.

      The theme of the AGM next month is

      "Beyond the congestion charge – the future for sustainable
      transport, including public transport, in London" (with
      particular reference to Lambeth and Southwark)

      There'll be two guest speakers who'll be presenting:

      * Valerie Shawcross, GLA member for Lambeth and Southwark

      * Chris Evans, Transport for London Deputy Borough Manager for
      Lambeth

      Both speakers will answer questions from the audience.

      Questions are invited beforehand to be forwarded to Clare Neely, our
      Council Liaison contact, by 15th April 2003. Please e-mail your
      questions for the panel to cneely@...

      Potential topics include:

      - the state of TfL highways
      - consultation with local groups
      - the mayor's targets and spending for cycling
      - East London line extension proposals
      - Trams
      - Buses

      Hope to see you there!