Secondhand bikes

  • TESSA WRIGHT
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2006
      Does anyone have any advice for a colleague of mine on where to buy a reasonable secondhand bike in London for around £100? She's looking for a commuting/hybrid type bike with a small frame.
      Any ideas gratefully received.
      Thanks
      Tessa

    • Ross Corben
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2006
        wander over Lambeth Bridge up to Strutton Ground (a market street).
        Dial-a-Bike there has a rack of 2nd hand ones for that price

        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2006
          Round the back of Elephant and Castle - they are nice enough - I bought four
          three speeds off them and have no complaints
          Jon Davies
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2006
            Two bikes going in Hackney. Unfortunately the original sender's e-
            mail doesn't come through (for security reasons) so getting a message
            to Sharon will be a bit convoluted. Reply to me off-list if you're
            interested though. Philip.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2006
                I would also recommend the shop which I think is called Recycle at Elephant
                and Castle - its in Elephant Road which runs between Walworth and New Kent
                Roads or follow signs for the railway station

                There is also information on secondhand bike shops on the LCC website at
                www.lcc.org.uk/Documents/Second%20Hand%20bike%20shops%20for%20web.rtf?DocID=61

                Another option is ebay - you can normally get a good range of bikes, many of
                them located in London, but obviously you will need to be sure of what
                you're bidding on

                Luke

                Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com