FW: Sunday 13th October - The Horniman Museum

  • Philip Loy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Roger Seaward [mailto:Roger@...]
      Sent: 07 October 2002 22:28
      Subject: Sunday 13th October - The Horniman Museum

      The LCC groups in Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Waltham Forest are
      coming South of the river, to visit the Horniman Museum. They're keen to
      press the museum management to improve cycle parking provision and the
      staff's awareness of it, since having a not so good experience with the
      security staff in recent weeks.

      Sunday 13th October
      09:30 - Lewisham Library (junction Limes Grove & Lewisham High Street)
      09:30 - Surrey Canal Head, Peckham
      10:00 - Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich

      Then to the Horniman Museum, Forest Hill, London Road, SE23

      Why not take this opportunity to meet with new friends from East London,
      as well as more familiar faces from Southwark and Greenwich, then ride
      en-masse to visit an interesting but often forgotten local attraction.

      The Horniman Museum is in Forest Hill, Just inside Lewisham, on the
      border with Southwark. It houses a varied collection exhibits, from
      (live) fish to musical instruments of the world. Admission is free and
      it's well worth a look. The museum has been extensively redeveloped over
      the last few years and the extension has only been open to the public
      for a couple of months.