Lambeth Cyclists NEW VENUE and AGM

  • Charlie Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      Tuesday 21st May is the date of the next meeting, at 7.30pm. It, and future meetings, will be at the Effra Social, 89 Effra Road, London SW2 1D.

      Our guest on that day will be London Assembly Member for Lambeth and Southwark, Val Shawcross. Val chairs the Assembly Transport Committee so should be able to help Lambeth in its quest to make the borough a friendly place for 8-80 year olds to cycle around.

      We'll also have elections to the committee - we're keen to have people standing for the committee, either in a general capacity or in a specific role.

      I've added in a Secretary to the list, as I think it is important that we minute the meetings we have, both as a record and a way for those who can't attend to know what's been discussed and decided.

      The following posts are up for election:
      - Coordinator
      - Secretary
      - Treasurer
      - Council Liaison
      - Rides and Events
      - Membership and Newsletter
      - Publicity and External Affairs
      - Projects and Bike Events

      Coordinator: overall chairing role; principle point of contact for the group;
      liaison with LCC office.

      Secretary: responsible for minuting of meetings and decisions made

      Treasurer: responsible for the management of funds for the group.

      Council Liaison: principle point of contact with local authorities regarding
      highway matters.

      Newsletter editor and/ or communications: principally responsible for
      production of the group's newsletter plus other tasks such as news releases.

      Projects coordinator: general role to promote or initiate ad hoc projects.

      Rides coordinator: general role to coordinate a rides programme.

      Note that committee members may be nominated for various combinations of the
      roles and responsibilities above, and posts can be held on an 'as required'
      basis (i.e. for discreet projects rather than as an ongoing role). Roles and
      tasks can be flexible and allocated to suit people's skills, interests, time,
      etc.