Brixton Central Square - last chance for anything to be implemented

  • janet paske
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      If anyone could go to the meeting Monday 5th December it would be very
      useful – see below. If you can’t could you email the councillors whose
      emails are provided at the bottom of the email?

      Toren said that it is very unusual for the Exec to throw out a proposal
      without reasons – and is exploring possibilities to challenge this, if
      necessary. He admitted putting the project into 2 phases was the only way of
      getting it through.

      It was stopped by the group around Saltertoun Road campaigning against it

      * partly on grounds of security,
      * partly on grounds of their roads being converted to rat runs.
      Lambeth couldn’t or wouldn’t put in money to do a travel model of the area,
      and hence the rat run argument cannot be knocked on the head. TfL won’t pay
      for it as it is not a TfL road.

      The hope is that a change in political complexion next year might see a
      change of mind.

      In the meantime let’s hope that £8m of external funding available to Lambeth
      will not be turned away.

      ……….

      Regards

      Janet

      Message from Toren Smith regarding Brixton Square meeting on Monday...

      _____