Re: [Lambeth_Cyclists] Fwd: Upper Ground Update

  • Arnott Davies
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2012
      Where exactly is Rouell Road

      Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:03 PM
      Subject: [Lambeth_Cyclists] Fwd: Upper Ground Update

      Please see the update below from Louise Nagle, Road Network Manager at Southwark Council who I met on Thursday.
      More on Monday I hope...

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2012

        I used Upper Ground for a whole month while working as a contractor in Holborn (on Kingsway, the most pedestrian unfriendly road in the universe!), and I have to wonder, why is this road not closed off to motorized traffic? Massive tourists coaches park there occupying half of an already very narrow road, that in any case can never be a two way street! And pedestrians crossing without even looking, so why not just remove motorized traffic? Is there a particular reason not to do this?

        We wouldn’t be in this situation if the road was pedestrianized.

        Vivian

        --------

        “We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school”. No Surrender