Leading Skyride from Streatham Hill Station

  • clneely@kemerton.force9.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
      Back from holiday and trying to remember what time I had volunteered to lead the ride from Brixton Town Hall, to meet up with you Charlie at Clapham Common bandstand. The LCC and Skyride websites tell me it is 10.00 am at Streatham Hill station. Outside 15 Drewstead Rd to be precise.

      So looking forward to seeing people at Streatham Hill at 10.00 and then meeting everyone at the Clapham Common bandstand.

      Could be interesting as the joint Wandsworth/Lambeth Ride is billed as going to both Southwark Bridge and Buckingham Gate. Multi tasking or what.

      Coming back again it is both sites I am still happy to agree a later time. If only Sky were as organised as Lambeth. I am sure we will pull something out of a hat.

      See you Sunday
    • Bruce Richardson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
        On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 12:31:55PM +0000, clneely@... wrote:
        > Back from holiday and trying to remember what time I had volunteered
        > to lead the ride from Brixton Town Hall, to meet up with you Charlie
        > at Clapham Common bandstand. The LCC and Skyride websites tell me it
        > is 10.00 am at Streatham Hill station. Outside 15 Drewstead Rd to be
        > precise.
        >
        > So looking forward to seeing people at Streatham Hill at 10.00 and then meeting everyone at the Clapham Common bandstand.

        I volunteered to help out with the Brixton Town Hall ride. So I take it
        I should now be turning up at Streatham Hill? A little before 10, I
        suppose.

        --
        Bruce

        I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.
      • clneely@kemerton.force9.co.uk
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
          That would be great thanks

          > Back from holiday and trying to remember what time I had volunteered
          > to lead the ride from Brixton Town Hall, to meet up with you Charlie
          > at Clapham Common bandstand. The LCC and Skyride websites tell me it
          > is 10.00 am at Streatham Hill station. Outside 15 Drewstead Rd to be
          > precise.
          >
          > So looking forward to seeing people at Streatham Hill at 10.00 and then meeting everyone at the Clapham Common bandstand.

          I volunteered to help out with the Brixton Town Hall ride. So I take it
          I should now be turning up at Streatham Hill? A little before 10, I
          suppose.

          --
          Bruce

          I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.

        • Charlie Holland
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
            The logistics of this are a touch tricky.
            Here's an option:
            a) Lambeth Streatham Hill Station ride leave a little later than 10, say around 10.15am and dawdle slowly to the top end of Tooting Common.
            b) Wandsworth Tooting Graveney Common ride leaves at the advertised 10.30 sharp and races to the top of Tooting Bec Common, meeting Lambeth's group there.
            c) The combined group goes up via Abbeville Road and Narbonne Rd to Clapham Common arriving circa 10.45-11am, where we meet the slightly delayed 10.45 Lambeth Clapham Common group.
            d) All three groups (120 bookable places each, so circa 360 cyclists)
            head off up LCN+3 to Baylis Road, the Cut, Union Street and then Southwark Bridge. (We could have an option for a splinter group to head to Buckingham Gate at Black Prince Road)

            The rides back are advertised as:
            3pm leaving Buckingham Gate to Tooting Common
            3.30pm leaving Southwark Bridge to Streatham Hill
            4pm leaving Southwark Bridge to Clapham Common Bandstand.

            I wonder whether the 3.30pm could go to Streatham Hill via Brockwell Park to drop people at the Urban Green Fair. The other return rides could stay as they are.